Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Made it to our summer home, IL. Beach State Park. Started to learn the computer check-in program yesterday, I think we are still trainable. Of the three campers that checked in, one said the amount we charged was twice what the website said and opened up his smart phone to show us. (he was looking at a wrong column in the list) The second, after paying for three nights left and after 10 minutes came back in and said his wife changed her mind and only wanted to stay for two. We learned and explained the no cash return policy, gave him the form to fill out and where to take it and a check will be mailed. This is gonna be a interesting summer.

travel safe and enjoy the ride

Eric and Karla Trippe w/ their dog Kora always in our thoughts
2006 3650 Georgie Boy Landau.. on a F53 chassis.
pulling a Malibu Maxx...w/ a kayak on top (Liquid Logic Duce Coupe)

09/16 update, after 8 yrs of fting, bought a house in Crystal Lake, IL

http://acoupleofboomers.blogspot.com

I was just coming back to the old thread to get some gossip to distort a little and turn someone face red. I was surprised to see that it is still being updated. I though it would be nice to add the URL to the Classless Class for than anyone that hasn't posted in a while can find up a little easier. http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=103118&page=32 Click this and come meet us all again on the new thread.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Yes but it sure looked like a beautiful place on your blog.

And it is. Nice large sites, right on Lake MI, 1 hr N of Chicago and close to kids and grand kids. And we only have to volunteer 2, 7 hour shifts a week. The only draw back is that it isn't full hookup. Water is a hose length away, 30 amp electric and we will have to drive and dump. I know, wa, wa , big tears and everything.

Paul

Di and I are in Toledo,Oh. We are leaving on the 9 th. for Wy. So for now Ohio is covered.

Eric

Enjoy you stay in Mi. Have you though of using a masaratior (sp) and a blue boy? some people in Q use 55 gl. drums for blue boy. A clear one for fresh water and a blue one for waste.

safe travels

glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Paul

you are right about that, luckily we have the kids house for the loooong showers. I told Karla that she can take a shopping trip once a week and I'll do the dump thing, actually it will be good for the MH to start it up, drive it and run the slides in on a weekly basis. Now to pick the right day of week. uhmmmmm

glyn

thought of it but too many issues that make that not a good plan, like to cost to buy the blue boy and then having to transport it to the dump station (we have a car w/ no trailer hitch) and then if you buy it, where do you store it when travelling and will we ever need it again. thanks for the input, but like I said too many negatives.

Paul

you are right about that, luckily we have the kids house for the loooong showers. I told Karla that she can take a shopping trip once a week and I'll do the dump thing, actually it will be good for the MH to start it up, drive it and run the slides in on a weekly basis. Now to pick the right day of week. uhmmmmm

glyn

thought of it but too many issues that make that not a good plan, like to cost to buy the blue boy and then having to transport it to the dump station (we have a car w/ no trailer hitch) and then if you buy it, where do you store it when travelling and will we ever need it again. thanks for the input, but like I said too many negatives.

Is there a honey wagon service where you are? That worked for us when we got flooded out of the full hookup part of a park. If you do drive to the dump be sure you drive far enough to give your engine a good workout. I've been told very short drives are not good.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

How does the park feel about dumping gray water???? Some places like you to dump it around trees and bushes to water them. Get one of those caps you put on the discharge valve and attach a hose. If that is permitted you could probably go a couple weeks before having to dump the black tank. We've been in several places that encourage that practice, especially in these draught times. Be worth asking about!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Paul and Marsha, I've been wundering what ever happed to you two. You need to visit the classless thread every once in a while. I'm running out of people I can harass. I haven't seen you since you were at Livingston behind the laundry recovering from the back surgery. I'm glad to see that you are still active.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Thanks for the suggestions,

Linda,

park has no honey wagon but I will be contacting the manager to see who they use for pota potti pump outs and get a price. I will also call other porti potti and septic pump out companies for prices. As far as minimal driving, what I've always gone w/ is as long as you get the fluids up to operation temps, all is well.People do it in Q all the time. When visiting my brother in CA I've been pumped out and it cost $50 a pump out. Pretty expensive when you are trying to safe a few dollars. But there I dump the grey water onto the ground and only pump out every other week.

Paul,

the park rules say NO GREY water pump out on the ground. Believe me, I've thought about it.

Daughter is due any day so we are busy w/ her. Once the kid comes out we will do a little more investigating of the dumping situation here. Until then, drive over and let it rip.

If you get pumped out don't let them hook the hose directly to your RV's dump pipe, way too easy to get a bit too much suction and collapse/shatter your tank. Dumping into a tub and pumping from that works or you can make a "T" adapter that has a big vent line tall enough to prevent overflow when you open your valves.

You don't want to be buying and using a porta-potty from WalMart while trying to find a replacement tank and get it installed.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

We made it to our campground late yesterday afternoon, it took me 30 min. to get the 5er twisted around the pines into our site. We are set up for the next 4 mounths. Now the work begins, cleaning up after the winter. We are on Vallecito Lake, Graham Creek campground. 15 mi N of Bayfield Colo. Looking forward to seeing Tom and Dianne in June. If anyone is in the area give us a call, Hope everyone has a great summer.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Woke up to thunder and lightning, got up and found the ground covered with snow. Dont look for many campers this weekend. Hope everyone is good.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

• 3 weeks later...

Have just about made it thru memoral day weeekend in the campground, most campers are leaving today. Now the cleanup starts. Hope everyone is safe and happy.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3

I'm sure it's packed everywhere! It's been raining hard this morning. I hate it! However those trusty weathermen are forecasting this is due to go away in a few days and nothing but sunshine to follow. All the folks around will be pulling out today. Can't believe they came to the lake with all this rain! My feet have been itching but Terry's are just fine. :(

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

We had three RV's in our camp ground last night. Two left and another one came in today. Should be freezing every night this week. Wed. the high is to be 45. I am glad it is spring.

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Had my usual Memorial Day Weekend, I WORKED. :D Well I worked Saturday, got rained out on Sunday, then managed to get 4 hours in today before I got rained out again. But managed to get most of the job completed so now all those Sailor Boys and Girls can see where they should be parking their cars. :rolleyes: Looking forward to a few days of sun around here starting Wednesday.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Surprisingly, the Ohio weather has been unbelievable good....for NE Ohio. I expected RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, but have had very little. Couple cool mornings but all-in-all very nice. I was surprised how great the weather has been in Washington & Oregon this spring. Were froze there last spring and got soaked! See things have returned to "normal."

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Surprisingly, the Ohio weather has been unbelievable good....for NE Ohio. I expected RAIN, RAIN, RAIN, but have had very little. Couple cool mornings but all-in-all very nice. I was surprised how great the weather has been in Washington & Oregon this spring. Were froze there last spring and got soaked! See things have returned to "normal."

Lucky you, It was very cold here and yesterday it rained. And with all that the park was 98% full. Today? 98% empty and very quiet. Still rainy and with a forecast of rain.

I was 10 years old on our very first camping trip. It rained all weekend. We had such a good time my parents and the parents of another family that went with us bought the trailers we had rented that weekend. Us kids also played in the creek much of the weekend--no worries about us getting any more wet.

We had one of those warm weather downpours this afternoon and I had the urge to go out in it. Figured it would stop by the time I got dressed and out there, though, which turned out to be true--it was a short but pretty shower so I settled for watching it from our balcony.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

June 9 - 10 At Silver Valley Campground in Saylorsburg, PA, north of Allentown near the Pocono Mtns. Want to explore tomorrow but weather is calling for more rain for the next 2 days. Yuck!!!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com