Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Still in Benson at the SKP park (#322), and the wind is gone for a while. All but 2 of the 16 dash/cockpit parts that we took to the upholsterer are back and I should have them re-installed tomorrow. Then Monday, the front chairs go for Ultraleathering. And while they're out, I'll have nothing to do but slim the desk down some and install a new TV... Nice that the park has a good shop.

Dave and Nancy

99 Foretravel U270 36'

02 Subaru WRX 14'

Photos: http://www.flickr.com/photos/roundfeet/

Not too much going on around here. Carol has been playing tennis 4 days a week, and since we are leaving Monday, tomorrow is her last day. She is cooking a chocolate cake for tomorrow morning for the group, but now she has to sleep with "one eye open", so I won't get into the cake first. Not much wind today and it got really still at sunset, except for the 4,000,000 mph solar particals blowing by, but I didn't see any of them!! :rolleyes: Had to replace one of our lawn chairs as the sun has taken it's toll on them. They had some on sale at Sam's, so now we are "sitting pretty" again. Now I have to fire the bus up tomorrow and get all the tire pressures back to the correct ones before we pull out, plus get the oil and filter changed on the truck. Sounds like an agenda to me. Steve

We really have enjoyed having you guys here and spending time with you! Sure hope you will come back again next winter! I think we're going to be going in opposite directions for the summer months... but hope we'll keep in touch! Safe travels. We are planning on going over to Casa at the end of the month. Enjoy your miles and try to stay out of trouble!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Hello everyone

Glad to hear everyone had a good time this year with the get togethers. Sorry we had to miss them this year.

Hopefully next year. Just wanted everyone to know that we will be in Bowling Green Kentucky for the summer, working at Beech Bend Amusement park. If anyone is coming this way give us a holler. Lots to see in Kentucky!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Hello everyone

Glad to hear everyone had a good time this year with the get togethers. Sorry we had to miss them this year.

Hopefully next year. Just wanted everyone to know that we will be in Bowling Green Kentucky for the summer, working at Beech Bend Amusement park. If anyone is coming this way give us a holler. Lots to see in Kentucky!

How fun for you!! That will be a real change and I bet you'll have a blast.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

The wind is still here. It must be going around in a circle because it never stops. Today wasn't as bad as it has been though. The highest wind was only 21 mph. I wiped down the kitchen cabinets and by the time I got done the first ones I cleaned were already dirty again and the water I was using to rinse out the rag was nothing but mud. I went to El Rays this evening with 3 cowgirls and had a steak. It was a very good steak and cooked just the way I had asked for it to be cooked. I called Social Security today and had them change my legal address. It took about half an hour to go through the automated phone system and answer all the question to get to a real people. Then it only took about 1 minute to actually change the address.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hello everyone

That's sounds like so much fun. Lucky guys.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

It's ready now, at the bottom of our signature. Nothing fancy. :P

Love your blog. You did a great job.

Please figure out how to add "followers" and "comments". If you have trouble, ask. I will ask Sandie for you if I can't figure it out.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Hello everyone

Glad you have an agenda and shared it with us! Hope you have a great summer and make a little money to boot! We probably won't see you though, we are planning on the Northwest this summer. Take care and hope we'll connect next winter!We will for sure be back here in Yuma.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Greetings from the WET Pacific Northwest. Just so ALL of you folks sitting down south in the WIND and SUN can feel good, yes it is still raining up here. And for Monday the forecast is possible SNOW. Just heard a rumor that this RAIN thing is predicted to last through May. The good news from all this though is that the MOSS on my back is nice and green again. Sorry for all the 4 letter words, but ................

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Okay, I read it but there's no place for comments? Or, am I blind and missed it? :D

Ok your not blind or missed it. Tina went over it with Sandie and it just doesn't want to work. Very frustrating so we are cooling it for a bit before something silly happens. Will keep trying. :angry:

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

It took about half an hour to go through the automated phone system and answer all the question to get to a real people. Then it only took about 1 minute to actually change the address.

When I get one of those automated systems I usually start by pushing zero. Most of the time that will take you directly to a live person. So much faster.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

It was a miserable day in Deming today. This morning it snowed. It didn't stick because it was about half rain and half snow. (excuse me for that 4 letter word.) Most of the day it didn't get out of the 40's but late this afternoon the sun finally came out and it made it up to 53. As long as it was already so miserable I decided to do the laundry because I didn't think anything could make it any worse. So now I have clean clothes and clean linen and its too cold to put on clean clothes and go anywhere and I slept about half the afternoon so probably won't be able to sleep in that clean linen tonight. One the positive side: it can't get any worse so I know the weather is going to improve.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well I guess it's time to come out of the brush.... I started getting sick about Jan.5th and it got progressively worse until I finally went to the Parker Hospital Feb.17th. There the Doc. loaded me up with antibiotics and steroids. Bottom line, I missed the reunion in Quartzsite.

I finally left Quartzsite March 5th and intended to head for the Tourist trap. I made it to Benson and got winded in. Finally left there this morning, fully intending to stop in Deming. But I hit a little snow, a little sleet, and a misty rain and decided to go on to Las Cruces. Of course once in Las Cruces, it was only another 175 miles to go....

So I drove the rest of the way. Now I'm tucked away beside the Casita at the Tourist Trap. Those roads can freeze tonight and I don't have to turn a wheel. smile.gif

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Well I guess it's time to come out of the brush.... I started getting sick about Jan.5th and it got progressively worse until I finally went to the Parker Hospital Feb.17th. There the Doc. loaded me up with antibiotics and steroids. Bottom line, I missed the reunion in Quartzsite.

I finally left Quartzsite March 5th and intended to head for the Tourist trap. I made it to Benson and got winded in. Finally left there this morning, fully intending to stop in Deming. But I hit a little snow, a little sleet, and a misty rain and decided to go on to Las Cruces. Of course once in Las Cruces, it was only another 175 miles to go....

So I drove the rest of the way. Now I'm tucked away beside the Casita at the Tourist Trap. Those roads can freeze tonight and I don't have to turn a wheel. smile.gif

So good to hear from you. Sorry you have been so very sick and I sure hope you are feeling much better. And now that you are at the Tourist Trap you can take good care of yourself. But we sure did miss you. Hopefully next year will work out better for you.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Thanks to Toni for a great going away supper. We brought the sunshine with us to Deming about 4;00 oclock. We had a good drive from Casa Grande, the wind died and sunshine all the way. Will be here 4 or 5 days then to the Ranch for a few days before getting to Texas. Everyone be safe.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Freddy & Delcie Prather

Echo- Yorkie
2007 Dodge Ram 2500 6.7 Jake Brake #5000 Air Bags
2005 Mobile Suites 36RE3
Full Time Since Oct 1st 2009

Thanks to Toni for a great going away supper. We brought the sunshine with us to Deming about 4;00 oclock. We had a good drive from Casa Grande, the wind died and sunshine all the way. Will be here 4 or 5 days then to the Ranch for a few days before getting to Texas. Everyone be safe.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy and Delcie

Glad you took a little sunshine with you, we still have plenty. Share some with Lee, okay.

Parker is much improved.

Be safe,

{{{{hugs}}}}}

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

What a difference a day makes. It was much nicer today although still a little breezy. I sat outside a carved most of the day. I forgot that today was the day we were supposed to turn all our clocks ahead for day light savings time. So I showed up for the 4 PM Happy Hour at 10 minutes before 5. Oh well, it gave me an excuse to go into town for dinner. I went to the Ranches Restaurant this evening and got pork chops. They tasted pretty good but they were a thin as bacon. Next time I go there I think it will be for ribs or a BLT sandwich. The wind has finally died down to 1 mph and it's still 51 degrees outside and it's all ready 9 PM. Maybe I'll be able to get these old bones warmed up tomorrow.

Dave, I sure wish I'd know you were on your way through Deming, I'd have went down to I-10 and tripped you when you went past. Sorry to hear about your ills. I know just how that can feel after my problems last fall. I'm finally feeling pretty good. I'm getting back to walking every morning slow but sure. I have to add just a little bit to the walk each day to get back in shape. I'm in shape now but that shape is sort of the shape of a beach ball. Man I have to loose some weight again. I put the 35 pound I lost last summer right back on when I had that hip and wrist problem last fall. I wish I could find a few of the other things I've lost that easy.

Ok your not blind or missed it. Tina went over it with Sandie and it just doesn't want to work. Very frustrating so we are cooling it for a bit before something silly happens. Will keep trying. :angry:

Regarding the "missing comment function" on our blog..

Ok. I've finally figured out what's wrong. When I created my blog, I selected a template from the list and went from there. The comments never showed up. Today, I created a new blog using the dynamic template and it does show comments. The problem is that the dynamic template is not an option on our real bog for some strange reason. So, now I'm trying to figure out how to download the dynamic template and then upload it to my blog. Haven't figured that out yet. I could start all over, but then the whole address would change and I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

Tina

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Dave, sorry to hear you've been sick. That's no fun for sure. At least you made it back to the "trap" without any trouble. You'll have to teach Millie to make chicken soup. :lol:

Snow, whaaaat! No snow around here. We moved to Indio yesterday to get ready to watch the tennis matches at Indian Wells. It was a nice drive up past the Salton Sea, and we pulled in here about 3:00. We are staying at the county fairgrounds here in Indio and it is quite the place. We are the only RV here (there must be 100 spaces or so), and really, except for a couple of employees, are the only people here. Nice concrete spaces, full hook-ups with lawns and palm trees. $20 a night, so at least it won't break the bank. We're only a mile or two from the tennis courts, so it's a nice place to park. We are in a gated area too, so no-one else can get in here. Funny part is the spacing of the hook ups. With nobody here, it's hard to figure out how you're supposed to park. Doesn't really matter because no one checks on us, but I'm not quite sure what they had in mind when they laid this place out. Hmmmmmmm

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Regarding the "missing comment function" on our blog..

Ok. I've finally figured out what's wrong. When I created my blog, I selected a template from the list and went from there. The comments never showed up. Today, I created a new blog using the dynamic template and it does show comments. The problem is that the dynamic template is not an option on our real bog for some strange reason. So, now I'm trying to figure out how to download the dynamic template and then upload it to my blog. Haven't figured that out yet. I could start all over, but then the whole address would change and I really don't want to do that. Any ideas?

Tina

Tina - I just sent you a PM. I've done that several times when I was changing other templates. However, don't think that's necessary unless you really want to. Email me.

Jeri

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Tina - I just sent you a PM. I've done that several times when I was changing other templates. However, don't think that's necessary unless you really want to. Email me.

Jeri

Thanks Jeri. I just responded to your PM... I fixed it! And yes, it was something simple but overlooked again and again. Thanks all.

Tina

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler