Classes of 2008 and 2009

At least when we got flooded out of our campground last summer we were not responsible for helping everyone cope. I do NOT envy you guys. I hope the two two of you are managing to stay high and dry. And relatively sane. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't think Mother Nature has been overly kind to many areas this spring. All over the country it seems there are unusually high winds, numerous tornadoes and torrential rain!! When is it going to letup?

Lavins - I hope you don't float away. That doesn't sound like much fun taking care of all that mess.

Hasn't it almost been two weeks since IYQ posted? We always worry about him when we don't hear from him. If his internet isn't working, neither is his phone.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

OMG, what a mess to have to deal with. I hope you guys are able to get your rig out ok. We'll send you all the wind you need to help dry you out. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We've been in a drought. But from the news cast it would seem a lot of folks are getting real wet. I'm glad you are high and dry. Hopefully it won't take too much to get your camp ground up and running.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Linda & Ed - we would gladly send you some of the wind that we've had here in Wyoming. We've had 60 mph gusts most of the day but the news report tonight is talking about flooding here also. They have 250% of snowpack and it's going to get warm almost overnight. Please stay safe and good luck with the campground.

Now if we could figure out how to send some of this rain to NM and AZ.

It has been a long time since we've heard from IYQ. Is there any other way we can get in touch with him?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Our campground here has been hit with some flooding this spring and about 1/3 of it is still unusable because of the water.

Mother nature has not been king to anyone in the country since winter. The ski season up here was great this year with a record level snow but everyone has been paying dearly with the snow melt.

Glad you are both safe. We were in a flood in York, Pa in 1975. campground was on an island, water rose about 15 feet and covered it. We moved ahead of the worst. Utah has broken the all time record for rain in May this year and are experiencing floods now and expect more as the snow keeps melting.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Up date on IYQ

Left him a voice mail yesterday and he called me back last night! Sounds great - is having fun with some friends who are camping in the same park. States the vanishing cream will likely wear off in the next day or two. Main thing is - he is dong well and having fun.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Up date on IYQ

Left him a voice mail yesterday and he called me back last night! Sounds great - is having fun with some friends who are camping in the same park. States the vanishing cream will likely wear off in the next day or two. Main thing is - he is dong well and having fun.

Julie

Happiness is a voyage, not a destination,

There is no better time to be happy than... NOW

Up date on IYQ

Thanks for the update!! I just figured if he didn't have internet, he wouldn't have phone. He's just having too much fun and we're all worrying about him for nothing. We're on the move today. It's a long day ... about 20 miles ... but I think we'll manage.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

IYQ'S E-MAIL HAS BEEN COMPROMISED!!!!!!!

I received 2 e-mails from unknown sources supposedly from "PATTER" both of which contained virus. Neither one were actually from Lee.

I did call and left a message on his phone this morning.

Edited by Sailbad

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

What? Where is that Ice Cream Machine. I like that even more than Vanishing Cream. I moved into town this morning from Sugarite Canyon State Park near Raton, NM where there is NO phone or data signal at all. Sorry to worry you all and I would have came to town and posted to let you know where I was but the battery in my notebook has curled up it toes and died. I'll be here in Raton, NM for a week to wait for my mail and to order some stuff and give it time to get here. Then I'll be going up into Colorado and moving right along toward Rapid City, SD where I'll change my legal residence. Two of my friends from the LOW's pulled into Sugarite Canyon right after I got there. We've been having a ball out there. The canyon has protected us from the wind and the days have been warm and sunny. When I first got there we had a little soft hail. The balls of ice were about the size of a marble but soft like snow. It was too warm for any build up on the ground so as soon as it dried up thing were back to normal. The Campground is at a little over 7000 ft elevation so the nights are chilly but the days have been mostly in the 80's. Sugarite Canyon is an old coal mining town with a lot of history. The had a special progam last Sunday with a reenactment of that era and a very good FREE B-B-Q lunch. I walked up to the old coal mine with a friend. It's a mile from the visitor's center and all up hill. The view from up there was fantastic but it sure tuckered me out going up that hill. I took a nice long "Steve" when I got back to the trailer. The foundations to all the old homes are still there but the building are gone. The mine entrance has been purposely blown up to prevent entry. The big wooden wheels that ran the cable car system are still there and in pretty good shape. The weight of the goal going down the mountain would pull the empty cars back up to the mine entrance from the Railroad a mile away down the mountain. The Town's people dressed up like the original inhabitants acted out the past as the onlookers (ME) walked by on there way up the hill to the mine.

If anyone gets mail from my Yahoo email address. Don't open it. Just delete it. Someone has got my email address probably from someone elses mailing list and is using it to spread a virus. This has happen while I couldn't get on the internet. I'll scan my machine several time but I'm sure its clean. If I send anything to any of you I'll use my gmail account. I'll try to contact Yahoo and have them close my old email account and issue me another.

It's good to be back with the gang and that wonderful Verizon phone signal.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

WELL!!!! Sneak off into a canyon with no wind while I've been teaching Millie to fly.

Glad you were able to hook up with the LOWs and had a good time. I guess you haven't carved up any more of your fingers. Your typing looks "NORMAL". :lol:

I don't think I could have made that hike at 7,000ft. I'm still having a workout at 5,000ft. Maybe I could harness Millie and teach her to pull!

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

WELL!!!! Sneak off into a canyon with no wind while I've been teaching Millie to fly.

Glad you were able to hook up with the LOWs and had a good time. I guess you haven't carved up any more of your fingers. Your typing looks "NORMAL". :lol:

I don't think I could have made that hike at 7,000ft. I'm still having a workout at 5,000ft. Maybe I could harness Millie and teach her to pull!

Believe me, I was running a little short on oxygen before I got half way up the hill. I'd walk about 100 feet then stand there for a while to catch my breath. And, there isn't a sitable rock on that mountain that didn't leave it's imprint on my rear end.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

IYQ - we are so glad to hear from you. You've been having way too much fun off in those hidden state parks.

We're finally having a beautiful day weather wise. We're in Casper, WY for the night. It's breezy - but just breezy. Not raining and 80 degrees. Wonderful.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Well, Happy Birthday Marsha, yeah, I know that 39 is a tough year to get through. :rolleyes:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Well, Happy Birthday Marsha, yeah, I know that 39 is a tough year to get through. :rolleyes:

Thank you both. It should be a big day! Believe me...I feel every day of 39 and maybe a few more years past that!

Marsha Weaver

Full-Timing with our cat Bella

2005 Tiffin Phaeton: 2005 Jeep Liberty toad

Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com

SKP# 102686

Happy Birthday to Marsha. And, happy anniversary to Paul and Marsha.

We have terrible, terrible internet now that we're sitting in front of the river. Last year it wasn't like this but we are certainly struggling with it. As much as we'd like to stay here another week, I'm not sure we'll make it.

Glad to have you back on board, IYQ!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

Wanted ya'll to know that Marsha has one of those "big" birthdays tomorrow, June 2. :unsure: I can't say which "big one" it is but Happy Birthday Marsha! :D

Paul

Yep being 39 is tough. :rolleyes: HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARSHA

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Wanted ya'll to know that Marsha has one of those "big" birthdays tomorrow, June 2. :unsure: I can't say which "big one" it is but Happy Birthday Marsha! :D

Paul

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARSHA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Now you and me and Doug are the same age but we beat you by a few weeks. In Canada we get to collect our pensions at 60.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR MARSHA HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU.

Now you and me and Doug are the same age but we beat you by a few weeks. In Canada we get to collect our pensions at 60.

And did I forget to mention - THE CANUCKS WON! This is what we live for. One game down, three to go.

post-11179-0-10144500-1306987020_thumb.jpg

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Happy Birthday Marsha...I am right behind ya.

It's been windy the past few days...not as strong as what everyone had before, just about 15 -25 mph with some gusts but we will take it. We have some windy, cooler days coming for the next few days. Things are starting to dry out now that the humidity has passed.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com