CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see that class folks are still posting to the site. Will be in Florida at the solar workshop in January. It maybe of interest to others. Some fellow Escapees are putting it on. Information on this forum.

Safe Travels!

Von and Christina

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Where in FL. We are just going to hang out until end of Jan before heading to Okefenokee NWR Feb thru May. Would live to catch up with you its been toooooo looooooong!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

On Sunday (10/5) Norah and Howie pulled into Cal-Expo for a few days and took time out before getting completely set up to stop by for a visit. It was so great to see them again. Figured out that the last time I saw them was several years ago when they were parked in Quartzsite for an extended period of time as were Steve & Sandy. Both are looking good.

We're headed out to a Mediterranean restaurant for dinner tonight.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

• 2 weeks later...

My bet is that a few in the Escapee organization might not appreciate this note: Evergreen Coho in Chimacum is now distinguished by being the most cannabis-friendly park in the system. A (legal) retail store opened at Discovery Bay this summer, just 6.6 miles from the park. Next week the store in Port Hadlock, only 1.6 miles away, opens up. Chimacum will be the only SKP park with such a distinction until next year when Sutherlin joins the list.

Just a travel trip for those going to the PNW this year....

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

I used to wonder what the archeologists/geologists were going to imagine a thousand years from now about the pile of rocks that didn't seem to belong where they were. I suspect they would decide it was some sort of religious ritual! HeeeHee

My experience tells me that they would consider that your rocks were valuable items obtained through a long distance trade route. They would consider that you might be a high status person to have such rocks. At least that's how we determine things like obsidian arrowheads and glass beads (for example) from the past now.

I stayed at Birdwatchers RV Park in San Antonio, NM. The owner is saying he's looking to unload the park, either sell or turn it over to a manager, to spend time on a Brazilian beach. It's a funky place, the owner is quite the character, and it's very popular with birdwatchers visiting the Bosque in fall and winter.

I know several followers of this thread that are interested in hearing this.

We loved that funky spot. Hope it stasys in operation

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

• 4 weeks later...

I'm at Snider Hill, the small BLM site outside Tucson on Hwy 86, and thought this would be useful to those planning on doing the Escapade in March.

The place was sparsely populated and very clean. A few minutes after I arrived I was paid a visit by the BLM LEOs who wanted to be sure I understood the rules. Once we decided we were on the same side we enjoyed a nice chat. They are taking an active interest (imagine that!) in the place and monitor it closely. The average condition of my neighbors is higher than what I've seen here before, too.

Corner of 86 and San Joaquin, pack-in/pack-out, no services, 14 days.

Well we are currently treading water in Raliegh,NC. Of course that's better than this morning when we were dead in the water!!

Alternator died!! And of course its a big heavy duty 200amp..

But we found a great shop...Johnnys Auto and Marine Electric in Garner. They are rebuilding it from the ground up. Nasty ouch to the pocket book but we were able to get here under our own power so no towing involved and certainly cheaper than the price of a new one installed by the nearby Cummins service center. Even though its a small shop they are happy to plug us in to their basic power. Of course now the refer refuses to ignite on gas but that's a fix for another day.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 3 weeks later...

Steve & Sandy,

Just so you know we really enjoyed having you all along all Summer with us in AK! BJ had printed up your Blog and it stayed with us all Summer and we benefited from your info greatly! She would reach for your blog before she reached for the Milepost!!

Thanx for your help.

We are in Jax FL visiting the granddaughters until Christmas. Then on to the Keys.

It appears we will be switching to part-time travel next year as BJ is buying us a house here near the granddaughters! Their Dad just got reassigned to NAS Jax last Summer and will retire in about 2 years and remain here!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

We are back in MS. Our plans were to play this month and next but our former volunteer gig at the Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR in Gautier had an emergency need so we decided to fill it. We spent Thanksgiving with a group of Boomers at the Chambers Farm PowWow in Ft. McCoy, FL and had a great time. Highly recommend it to all.

We are expecting Jim And Nanc for a visit today..have a personal crane tour planned for them.

We are only a mile north of I-10 with easy access for a rig so stop and see us if you were in the area before mid Jan

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 3 weeks later...

And Happy New Year!!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 3 weeks later...

Greetings from Quartzsite. I landed today at the spot the class has used for the last few years. Here are the directions:

Go to La Posa South off US95, check in, then proceed towards the dump station (1 mile). You'll see the dumpsters, and just as you reach them a road marked "Art & Jan". This is the safe route through Tidball Wash. Follow that road through the wash, past the saguaro. See the boat? Follow the road through another wash and bear left on good track, going around the boat. I'm dead ahead, look for the Arctic Fox . I'd say there is room for 12 big rigs, quite comfortably.

Follow up: The solar rally is in North Florida near Mayo, FL middle of month. Thanks.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Oh Marty I'm glad your thee one who referred to "Tidball Wash"

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

A reunion dinner for the Class of 07 is being planned for Saturday, March 14th after Escapade. Several restaurants are being considered and now we need to know how many would be interested in attending. Please leave us your name and how many would be attending so we can get a tentative count. Look forward to seeing at Escapade! :)

• 2 months later...

After being at Rover's Roost since late October, I'm headed out for the summer starting on Sunday (4/19). First stop is Freightliner in Tolleston for annual service for the motorhome, generator and car at a nearby Chevy dealership. Then I'm headed back east again this summer, all the way to Williamsburg, VA to help my sister and brother-in-law celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary. Other stops this summer include a FCOC rally in Amana (Iowa), the FMCA rally in Madison (WI) and ending with the Adventure Caravan Chicago Rally and Route 66 Caravan Tour which ends in LA the beginning of November, just in time for me to get back to the Roost in time to present the Treasurer's Report at the season's first Roof Raisers meeting.

Wishing all safe travels and a summer full of wonderful memories.

Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Trish. Let us know when you'll be in VA

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 2 months later...

Joe, Nana, we are back. Who do we contact to pay up. Would like to go lifetime. Right now we are in the Philippines. Will leave here the 25th. hope we can keep our old number SKP#98010 Still have the F350 bought a Montana 5th wheel

elen and ray

SKP 98010
1990 Bounder 27D by Fleetwood
Ray and Elen living this beautiful life style and exploring this beautiful country

Well hey there Ray and Elen. If course there are no dues for our group. For your Escapees membership just go to the main page. You can rejoin from there with credit card. The dues are $29 per year right now and go up to 39 July 1. Info on lifetime membership is available there as well. Its my understanding that you will keep your old number so use it when you renew

Welcome back. Hope your health is good. Look forward to MTG you on the road

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

• 4 months later...

Archived