CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Really enjoyed visiting with Kathy and David during my stay at Turkey Creek, including a great meal prepared by Kathy last night. I'm leaving Tuesday for Blue Ox in Pender, NE, on my way west with the final destination of the Chimicum/Port Townsend this summer. I'll be attending the FMCA rally in Redmond and then slowly head back to Casa Grande for the winter.

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Update on our adventure. We leave our volunteer job here at Cape Perpetua on the 1st. However we must make a side trip to Armstrong RV in Eugene to get our step well cover repaired. (I assume they have a very tiny leprechaun who can get in to this very tiny space to make the repairs) we hope to arrive near Salem & Portland on wed for several days then arrive in Tacoma at Fort Lewis on the 6th until the 9th so we should be in the Seattle area by the 12th. Have no idea where we are going or staying. Probable try Chimicum to start.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Linda, there should be plenty of space in Chimacum for you. In your planning, the Sequim Lavender Festival is the weekend of the 18th, and I recommend avoiding the highways on the Olympic Peninsula then. And, as I tell everyone, if you need to buy spirits, do it before entering Washington State. Also, if you need any big ticket items, buy them in Oregon to avoid WA sales taxes, about 10% where you'll be going.

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

Thanks Marty. We seem to be dropping our MH money here in Oregon. Is the Washington state tax on food as well?? We can load up at Ft Lewis Commissary if need be. Can't wait to see you will call when we are a day or so out from you.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

No sales tax on food, but the definition of what is food is funny. Concentrate on the big ticket items.

When I was a kid I'd be sent on my bicycle to the store for a loaf of bread. Mom gave me 50 cents. The bread was 33 cents, and I'd buy a comic book for 10 cents. Then had to pay 3% sales tax. One day the price bread went up and I was short because of the sales tax. A most ackward position when you're seven.

The grocer knew me and my family, and gifted me the penny I was short. Mom made it up the next time she went shopping.

• 4 weeks later...

Well we are in Anchorage a few days and met up with John & Lora for a great day of activities with Real Alaskans and real members of the Class of 2007! Did some hiking and saw some fantastic views and then went downtown for lunch at the best hot dog stand I have ever been to. Right in front of the Federal Building. After lunch we did the Museum and a walking tour of downtown with an NPS ranger talking about the 1964 earthquake.

We are now on the downhill side of our AK adventure but still some weeks away from the lower 48.

Looking forward to joining the Boomers in Oct for Balloon Fiesta in ABQ are any other Class of 2007 members going to be there?

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

Not us this year Bob. We are headed east. Plans are very much in unset jello. Our daughter in lwas Mom just had a significant stroke and will require significant recovery and therapy. So we ate modifying our trip to arrive back in PA earlier than planned. We will need to be available to corral grandkids in DC in Sept when our son must resume travel for work. But heck that's why we have wheels

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Sorry to hear of the family health issues. Wish you the best in working them out.

We will catch up with you somewhere, someday hopefully.

We are heading to FL as soon as the Balloon Fiesta is over. We have enjoyed AK, but are tired of being cold and are happy to be on the road to the lower 48. But, still have stops planned on the way!

Bob & BJ
On the road (part time) to ournextstop!
2019 Bounder 35P
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited (Oscar)

• 5 weeks later...

Its been awhile since we have checked in... Anyway we are still here in Wyoming and still collecting rocks, its a simple life but its ours. Anyway we are in Star Valley till mid September and then off to the Florida for a few months. Then Texas and finally Louisiana before returning to Wyoming next year. What are everyones plans for the winter?

clear skies

We made it back to the lower 48 finally. Cruised right through YT, BC, AB & SK and are now in Sioux Falls becoming SD "residents". We'll always feel like Alaskans at heart but with our AK "address" disappearing, it just made sense. We really enjoyed seeing many of you Alaskan travelers this summer and those were the few breaks we had from packing and moving my parents. It had to have been a banner tourist summer up there just from the number of RVers we knew up there. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us!!

We'll eventually settle in AZ for the winter after stops in IA, MO and CO. Sounds like we'll be seeing lots of class members down there, too!

Re: Escapade - Is anyone interested in a special class get-together or should we just have a class happy hour every day for whoever shows up? Any other ideas?

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

We have landed in western PA as well. Lots of Grandkid hugs. We have no sure idea of what we are doing this winter. I suspect its staying in the east to gulf coast. Probable not venturing any farther west than east TX.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I've been "decompressing" from Burning Man, currently in Redding. A nephew has a big-deal wedding in Portland at the end of the month, and rather than miss it (can't) I'll be bouncing around Nor Cal and Oregon for a month. The day after the wedding I'll head towards Deming. I think.

Oh Marty!! Are you wearing your dancing sandals to the wedding????

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

OH Marty i would pay money to see you dance a jig and in sandals too wow. Have fun at the wedding.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Obviously Marty is ignoring our attempts at humor. Or maybe he's still stuck in Burning Man land

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

I am indeed still stuck in BM land, this one was particularly notable for me.

As far as the dancing goes, I'll be in regular shoes (gotta buy some) and drinking champagne from crystal. My nephew Rob and Matt will be putting on quite the event, the first time my entire family has been together in almost 30 years.

But I'm outta there the next day on a bee-line to a green chili cheeseburger.

I knew it. Please tell me they didn't use your rig as part of the art??

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

No, they burn art there. Not ready for that quite yet. I'll let you know when I do put it up as art, so you can watch the whole dang thing go up in flames.

There are a lot of RVs there, and a lot of premium MHs brought in as hotel suites for those with means chasing the experience without the desire to sleep in a tent in the mud and dust. Myself, I seek out a blank space early and set up as a dust and wind break, which attracts tenters seeking the protection as well as afternoon shade. I've had people living under my rig, and woken up in the morning with at tent at my bottom step.

Archived