CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It may be 70 in Benson for a high, but look at the lows there, COLD!!!!!!!

Looks like we will be leaving the RGV tomorrow and start meandering towards Summerdale, and then on to the SUNSHINE STATE!!!

Molly, when will you guys be headed west? We may just wait on you in Summerdale.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Joe, that Jello didn't quite set yet.....we may return to Florida from Aberdeen after all, and if we do we may hang here a few weeks, heading down towards Key West, maybe a stop in Wauchula, then head towards Texas. We most likely will not make it to Quartzsite in January...you know we can find the darndest things to do!!! But this time it is NOT a trailer park!! LOL

Let us know where you're going to be....we'll cross paths soon!!!

HUGS and y'all be careful heading East. There's a strong snowstorm heading into VA and MD this weekend...sure hope we can dodge that bullet!!

Good news is it turned out to be 74 degrees today....we missed the rain again....but the wind is coming in from the North now and it will be in the 50's tonight...brrrrr!!! I'm looking for my long johns as we speak! LOL

HUGS!!!

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

50's as the low would be a welcome site right now. Yesterday it didn't get out of the 40's all day. YUCK

Have fun up north,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, don't forget the coat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chasing the 70's

Joe the weather here will be sunny and mild over the weekend so hurry!!!! How long are you going to be in Summerdale??? We are only about an hour and 20 minutes from there. Sandy is right....Mike & Sandy are parked int he middle of a pond over there.!!!!

We are here until around the 15th of Jan so all of you coming and going better stop by!!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Linda, are you still heading to Q? We don't think we'll get there..and it will most likely be after the 15th of January when we come thru AL and MS. We may stop at Summerdale for a week or two on the way. Where are you headed? Just keep us updated!!!

Hugs!

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

I'm sure Florida needs the rain. Haven't they been suffering a drought the last few years. LOL

Oh Norah...please don't wish it on us!! Or at least if it has to rain, can it be while we're up North freezing our Bu**s off? Then it can be warm and sunny again when we get back!!! I like warm toes!!! ;)

Tomorrow is your last day, right!!! YAY for you!!! Enjoy the retirement!!!

HUGS!

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

We plan on leaving here tomorrow and will have to spend a couple days near Houston so Marcia can visit high school class mates. Then we will head towards Summerdale and there are several things that will determine how long we stay there.

So where are you?

Chasing the 70's

Joe I don't have to follow your post's I just watch the weather channel and I know were you are going or have been. Ill let our friends in Houston know to have their rain coats handy. I hope Marcia has a great visit with her class mates. safe travels to all.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Thanks for the invite Tony but Phoenix is a bit of a drive for lunch from Yuma.Are you two heading west after the holidays I hope you two Steve & Sandy have a great lunch. there is a place called the Cue out in Peoria that have great fish its a bit of a drive from where you guys are at. that's the one place we go to when we are at the NASCAR races there. Safe travels to all and MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Molly, I don't think that Q is now in our plans....by the time we get there everyone would be gone. My guess is that we are going to wander around in Texas, go to Big Bend and some other things we haven't seen yet. We are at the refuge until mid Jan.

Joe, we are in Gautier, MS east of Biloxi. Exit 61 off of I-10. Go north about one mile turn right into the Mississippi Sandhill Crane NWR. (just follow the big brown highway signs). Very easy in and out, huge parking lot. We would love to see you especially since you are headed east for the winter and we are headed west. We have had so much rain that even if you bring along some more we won't notice or even care. <_< We work tomorrow then off until the 29th.

Norah...YEA schools out.....now its just one long holiday vacation for you!!!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Congrats Norah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now let the good times roll!!!!!!!!!!

Linda and Ron are you coming to the RGV anytime soon? Would love to see you guys.

Bob and Molly we are looking forward to you two making your way down here.

We bought a mobile in Weslaco and have some redecorating and updating to do so I'll be busy for a few months. Jay is having his 55 chevy brought here and a garage is being added so we can get rid of our storage shed in Okla. We still plan to travel and will be in Flordia next winter but will leave a key under the mat for faimily, friends or may even rent it out. This will be a good place for Jay to recover if he ends up having any more surgery. Hope everyone has a great holiday and be safe traveling. My college roomate will be here Christmas day so I will have fun showing her Mexico - she's never been.

Save Travels

Fay, Jay and Lulu

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

We made it through the storms! Well, actually we didn't see any storms and had lots of sunshine all the way. Love the sunshine (through a nice thermopane window). Yes the temps here are well below what you all are whining about. We are now in the soaking up the grand kids mode and life is good.

Driving like a madman in the care sure does cover the distances. It will take me a while to get used to the pace of the motor home when we get back.

Time to go out and shovel the daughter's driveway. My annual snow shovel reminder of why I go south.

Happy holidays all.

Leland and Cathy.

Leland & Cathy

Leland, glad to hear you had a safe trip..now try to stay warm!

Linda, we will see you in TX hopefully...let us know where you are!

Tony and Steve..if you haven't been to Organ Stop Pizza...it is worth the trip (near Mesa). The Pizza is fabulous and the organs are amazing! Y'all have a little toast for us!! :rolleyes:

Dave..you always make me chuckle!! Thanks for the laughs!

And Joe, just let us know when you get close...we'll be back in FL before New Years Day...of course we can just check The Weather Channel also!! :) Did you find a new MH yet?? Look forward to seeing you!!

Norah...ya'll travel safely too!!

HUGS to everyone!!! :)

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

And Joe, just let us know when you get close...we'll be back in FL before New Years Day...of course we can just check The Weather Channel also!! smile.gif Did you find a new MH yet?? Look forward to seeing you!!

You know we will be letting you know when we get close, unless it is cold and raining, and then we will just keep on trucking south.......

No, we haven't "bought" one yet, although we are looking a lot harder since the Santara has all the water stains from the "preferred shop" the insurance company sent us to in Smithville. I really don't want to deal with living in a motel while they put another roof on, and this time they will have to put all new ceilings in it.

We will look at PPL when we get to Houston, but the one in Nashville is looking really good as far as "bang for the buck".

All of you headed north for the holidays be carefull, and keep the white stuff up there...........

Chasing the 70's

Hi to all our classmates!!!! MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! :)

Hank & I are now "back" in Harrison, AR until after Christmas... Yes, it is too cold here!

We are rethinking about where we want to go for the winter.... We liked the RGV so much last year, we are thinking we will go down & stay somewhere in the Donna area instead of going back to Florida as we originally planned. Who & how many of the Class of '07 are down there now? A short poll: Do you like where you are staying & would you recommend it or recommend somewhere else?

Joe & Marcia we understand you are headed back to Florida & hope you find the place & weather you want! Sorry we won't be seeing you.

Molly & Bob and Donna & Stu..... sorry we missed seeing you'all when we were in Florida.

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Joe & Marcia we understand you are headed back to Florida & hope you find the place & weather you want! Sorry we won't be seeing you.

We will miss you two too, and maybe Jan will be a lot dryer than Dec. I would check out Southern Comfort in Weslaco. The Carters took us over there Friday and it looked like a VERY nice park. I don't know the prices, but they do have a sister park a block away. Bit-O-Heaven is cheap, has lots of amenities, but is really cramped. You can also check out the "first timers" specials at some of the larger parks.

You should also check out the "Monte Carlo Cafe", you will really like the owner, and the food is pretty good too. Be safe and have fun.......

Chasing the 70's

Hi Hank and Patti, enjoy Christmas with the grandbaby!

We also like the Rockport and coastal areas of Texas...Lagoons in Rockport is a very nice CG with wonderful facilities. We like the "coastal" feel of the town; you can go to the docks and buy fresh jumbo shrimp and fish.... cheap and wonderful!! It can be windy there, but the weather was mostly warm and sunny when we were there. (It will remind you of Coastal Maryland and Virginia...just warmer and cheaper! LOL) The monthly camping rates there are also very reasonable. I think Mark and Renita are there now...they might have some other suggestions.

We are also going to the RGV and will check out Retama Village as we understand that is very nice (several folks own lots there that they rent out). And we want to visit some of the other parks there too (got to see Jay & Fay and some other folks as well!)

Let us know where you end up...we'll catch up to you at some point!!

HUGS and Merry Christmas to everyone!!

Molly & Bob

Bob and Molly

SKP #73997

Joe you can't possibly still be in the Valley - it was sunny and nice yesterday !!! Safe travels and 'fingers crossed' on your side trip to Nashville.

Bob and Molly if the 'jello sets' and Retama Village remains in your plans we are right up the road (or is it right down the road?) from there. Be careful on that journey North looks like Va is going to 'get it'.

Hank and Patti, so far, and we have only been here a little over a week, the weather does not compare favorably to last year. I guess we have Marty's weather forecasting to 'blame' for this, next time Marty please be more consistent with your weather forecasting bretheren as they always seem to be WRONG. That said, I we just remind ourselves how ugly it is UP NORTH - hurry back Leland and Cathy !!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!!

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Boy, listening to you guys talk about "cold". All I can say is that words like cold and warm are relative terms. Folks around here think "it's not bad out." Me, I think, "damn cold" but then I've been too far south lately to have perspective like these folks have. Some of the things you just don't think about are things like - I had to shovel out a place on the lawn for Cinnamon's potty because the snow was too deep for her use. And I am so sorry I left that plastic bottle of Gator Aid in the car over n ight, it froze and exploded. Some of you southern folks don't know that concept do you?

The plus side is that I got to go watch my four year old grandson practice Hockey. He really skates good but has no sense of concentration on what's going on. He just skates around doing what most of the others are doing and if he sees a puck on the ice he heads it to the goal. Since that is the idea of the game it's hard to criticize him but when the coach is trying to teach some other point, he just skates and hits the puck. He is having fun though and at this point that is the most important thing. The coach said he wants his autograph so when he gets famous it will be worth big bucks. Aaron said "What's an autograph." Perfect.

Leland & Cathy

Thanks everyone for the good wishes on retirement. So far, I haven't stopped long enough to miss work ;) I think Howie might already be suffering from toooo much Norah. I road around with him yesterday on his errands and learned a lot -- there are long lines at the post office to pick up general delivery mail (who knew); I had no idea where the car wash, laundry-mat, or the hardware store were. On the upside for him, he assigned me a few of his chores - shower scrubbing and carpet cleaning as he muttered something about sharing the workload now. What happened to lounging around with my feet up and reading some good books. :D

Like so many of you it looks like our winter plans were set in jello.... From what I am reading those who planned on going east are now going west and vise versa, so in keeping up with all our classmates I guess we had better start heading to Florida instead of hanging out in Q this winter. Okay, so that is my not so subtle way of saying we have changed our minds and think Florida just might have a lot of offer and since neither of us has been to Florida since we were kids, now might be a good time for a visit. We'll be leaving Benson right after Christmas.

Joe you should stop by and see Ron and Linda at the Sandill Crane NWR; it is really interesting and the parking is wonderful. Not very far off the highway either. Looking forward to seeing you and Marsha in the sunshine state.

Linda and Ron, we'll make a quick stop on our way east to say hi.

Paul and Connie can't wait to see you guys and your new home.

Sorry we'll miss so many of our classmates at Q, but we'll be reading your blogs and we'll look forward to the next time we see you.

We'll still make Texas in the Spring; that's set in stone.

Happy Holidays and safe travels!!!!!

It was great to meet with so many of the Class of '07 and all the other SKPS today.. Thanks Molly for inviting us. We hope we get a chance to see you again before you leave Florida and look forward to the rally in Texas in April.

We loved the Sleepy Hollow in Floral City. As soon as we pulled in we knew that we were in the Luckenbak of Florida. It was good to meet the other side of Jo Peters and Paul and Connie, we will be in touch when we get back the first part of January and get together for lunch. We would have liked to stay longer but Mel and Pam were holding up the show for us. We got there right as Pam was coming on stage. Great show.

Merry Christmas Class of '07 and hugs to all,

Bill and Helen

Class of '05

2010 Big Sky 340

2012 Dodge Ram 3500 Laramie

Member of the Fulltime Graduating Class of '05

SKP # 87524

Archived