CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

To all of you that had their computer crash due to the latest virus I want to say I'm really sorry. I know it must have been a bad virus and destroyed many computers, how else could you explain the lack of postings on my favorite blogs.

I really hope you all get them computers fixed and start catching up with the blobs.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Joe, we are headed that way. Have to stop over in Livingston for a while....Ron will be seeing a Dr. at Baylor medical school who is dong a study in his type of problem and don't know how long that will take then we are free to roam around until we end up in Boerne.

What can I say....I am just a detail kinda girl!!!!!! Besides I gotta catch you whenever I can :rolleyes:

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Happy Thanksgiving to all....if you are with family, friends or having a quiet dinner for 1 or 2, be safe. We are thankful for all of you who are near and dear to our hearts.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Happy Thanksgiving from Aransas Pass!

And Please update your blogs as when you don't we wonder if everything is ok. Even when your not traveling or doing something you think is exciting we still learn and enjoy your posts.

We got a nice commment from a homesick soldier in Germany and it made me wonder how many other homesick people read our blogs. I think we would all be surprised.

Clear skies,

Mark and Renita

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our classmates. May God watch over us all as we travel this great country.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Joe, we are headed that way. Have to stop over in Livingston for a while....Ron will be seeing a Dr. at Baylor medical school who is dong a study in his type of problem and don't know how long that will take then we are free to roam around until we end up in Boerne.

What can I say....I am just a detail kinda girl!!!!!! Besides I gotta catch you whenever I can :blink:

Nana - When do you get to Livingston? We just got here last night, had thanksgiving dinner and are now almost comotose. We'll be here till Saturday a.m. when we work our way towards Padre Island.

BTW, just in case anyone was interested we didn't get rick diamon hunting at Arkansas Crater of Diamonds State Park. Dang, back to Power Ball Tickets.

Leland & Cathy

Joe I showed Kathy your Post about updating Blogs hopefully she will start updating hers when she gets off the floor from laughing so hard.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

hmm, I would have started with the name Lulu -- not exactly masculine in nature rolleyes.gif LOL!!!!

I can imagine that most pet lovers would pay a lot of attention to the sex of their pets, and maybe the sex of other peoples pets. Myself I am a firm believer a dog is a dog, a cat is a cat, you get the point! And with all the dogs and cats being fixed that kind of makes the sex unimportant. As for the name, well I've heard all kinds of names, and I'm sure Lulu didn't give it a second thought about me saying he. (in fact it probably boosted Lulu's moral)

Chasing the 70's

Leland, we are at "Bit-O-Heaven" in Donna TX with the Carters until Tuesday, then we will move the rig a little closer to Padre Island and then up the coast. Looking at the weather forecast we may be moving it to FL REALLY SOON.

Chasing the 70's

Leland & Cathy, OOPS...didn't make that clear we won't leave MS until around the 14th or 15th of Jan. when our volunteer gig is done.

Okay so all this blog talk makes me wonder if I really should start one or will I just fall into the "Blog Abyss" when things get boring.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Joe - We may cross paths then. Today we move from Livingston to Texanna Lake which is about halfway to Corpus. Then on to Padre Island National Seashore. For how long is up in the air but at least long enough for it to warm up.

Nana, I remember now you saying that it wouldn't be till later. I was just hoping I guess.

There was a great Thanksgiving feast here on Thursday with over 200 people in the Activity Center. Then last night (Friday) everyone brought their left overs and we did it again. Slightly smaller crowd but just as much - too much food. We've met some nice folks again this visit. It's been a good holiday. LIFE IS GOOD!

Leland & Cathy

Leland, do you have a park picked out, are you boondocking, or what?

At the National Seashore (dang, it took me three trys to type that word.) there is a campground that doesn't have hookups and doesn't take reservations and this is where we will land. I expect it to be available by Sunday evening when we get there although I will call ahead.

They also allow driving down the sand and camping anywhere but in the road but I want to look carefully before I drive this heavy beast out onto sand. I would love to just park on the beach with the windshield out to the water but not if it takes a wrecker to get me back out. :)

The National Seashore info is at http://www.nps.gov/pais/planyourvisit/fees...eservations.htm

Leland & Cathy

Hey Leland, just a heads up....I had a buddy get stuck in the sand down there last year....None of the club towing services would come off road to pull him out. He had to hire a private "beach tow service" to get him out. $$$$$$$

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Hank & I are now in Bushnell at Sumter Oaks RV park. It is nice to be here! We don't have any old, oops, I should say "already established" friends here right now. We got here yesterday & today (Sunday) we are going up to Ocala to see Connie & Paul. Connie even suggested some of her lasagna for lunch... Yummy in the tummy! Molly & Scooter may get to go with us which Connie & Paul would like. Hmm, maybe they like to see the dogs as much (? more?) than they like to see us? It has been a long time since we last saw them, but it was probably in Sedalia. That is the last time we have gotten to see Bob & Molly & we are just missing them here it looks like. :-( We'll see who else we might be able to at least say "Hi" to.

We will leave here on the 3rd for Orlando. Hank's brother & sister-in-law will be there for the week we will be there, but they will be in a condo. Disney World is one of our favorite places to go.... best without kids. This time of year the crowds are not bad & you can see & do a lot without a lot of waiting... just the way we like it. From Orlando we will be stopping at the Tiffin RV factory for our end of our 1st year of ownership "walk-thru" to fix the little things that need tweaked. We are very happy with our coach & amazed how fast the time has gone by in it.

We will then return to Harrison, AR for Christmas with our newest grandson & his family.

Safe travels & stay off the beach sand..... we saw an rv being pulled out by a wrecker in Perdido Bay near Pensacola.... not pretty.

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

It is great to be in your home sitting on the edge of the ocean. This was the Pacific Ocean in 2007

I know - I know -- I love going to sleep to the sound of the surf too.

Make sure you wash that rig after you sit on the beach for any length of time and wash the undercarriage really well. Whenever we parked our fifth wheel on the beach I always had a year's worth of rust problems afterwards on all the undercarriage. Even sitting a half mile back from the beach at Fernando's in Mazatlan we got enough salt spray to cause problems. The guy next to me waxed his car every day - he seriously needed a life mind you - but that was how he prevented corrosion.

Archived