CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

Joe & Marcia Hope that bid holds up. what does Leo have to say about a possible move?

Ray & Elen good to see you pasting again.

Norah thanks for the pictures, looks like everyone enjoyed

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I came back out to civilization (If you can call Kansas civilization). I'm back in Olathe in the Sister in laws driveway. Got the place to myself. Cathy still in Mt. (comes home tomorrow) and SIL and hubby flew to Fla for the weekend. I'm driveway dweller, house sitter, dog sitter and enjoying it all.

Leland & Cathy

Joe we are having a great tme at the races.

Leland & Cathy hope all is well in MT. and you two get back on the raod again to a warmer area.

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

I guess I haven't update everyone, so here goes a little of it all.

Cathy does come home tomorrow and I have the dishes done and the house clean as any bachelor's place. (quit that snickering Marsha.)

Cathy's mom is doing very well, came home from rehab and her son from Western Mt is over to stay with her for a while as she continues recovery. It was some sort of pinched nerve in spine thingy.

I now have backup and backup backup for the locked car trick. I fashioned a string from a back door pull knob to an invisible place under the rubber seal of that back door. It's black string and you gotta know where it is but if you do you can pull the knob up. That's backup. I may or may not leave it in there. Now Backup Backup came yesterday. I called Chevrolet dealer nearby and asked about getting a key. He quoted me $48 for the key and $75 to program it. Obviously not going there. I called another and told him the same story (Just need to turn the switch, not security and starting) He said $12 and I went and it's done. Funny thing is that there was a sign on the counter when he went to make my key that said "All keys require VIN# make, model, year, photo ID, address, drivers license. NO EXCEPTIONS, this is a General Motoros Policy." The guy took my old key, ground a new one and I handed him $13 cash, got change and walked out. So much for "Policy". ;) Ok, that's done.

As for getting to a warmer place, I'm for it. SOON.

Leland & Cathy

This past week I have been on the move from place to place as well as from cool to hot and back to cool. I left Death Valley on the last day of the '49ers Encampment and spent two nights at the SKP park in Pahrump, NV. After the warm temps in the desert, the cooler temps at the 'higher' elevations came as a bit of a shock. From there I went to Gila Bend, AZ, stopping for a night a Quartzsite on the way. The reason for the quick trip to Gila Bend was to turn in an application to join the Elks and the paperwork needed to be in by 11/15. Then it was back north to a Cummins service center to have my generator fixed. A kink in the fuel line was causing it to lose power and/or stop whenever I put a load on it. I'm now at North Ranch near Congress, AZ until the end of the month. It is definitely cooler here (60's during the day with high 30's to low 40's overnight), but I need to get to the point where 70 seems warm instead of cool before heading to Palm Desert, CA for a month.

Norah - thanks for posting the pictures. Looks like a good time was had by all.

- Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Hi...I have to apologize to Jay and Fay and the others who met at Gonzales Burgers on Thursday. I have been fighting this colitis thing and finally had to be admitted to the hospital on Wednesday. I'm sorry that I didn't put John and Lora's phone number in my cell to call to explan our absence. I just got home today after three horrible days of poking and proding and still have the same problems. Waiting for biopsies to come back early next week.

dennise

The (retired) FedExman & the Dizzy Blonde

Paul and Dennise Ziaja

Living our Fulltime Dream

2002 Damon Ultrasport

2007 Saturn Vue toad

Traveling with our yorkiepoos Mack and Lucy,

Hi Dennise, sorry to hear about your medical problems....hope everything turn out well....You did miss some great burgers...We will be here for a while, maybe we can try again. I am sorry to say Howie and Norah will be leaving early Monday morning. It was good to visit with them. We sure have had a great time, the week just flew by.

We also got to meet some more of our classmates, John and Lora......John, enjoyed the sweet rolls.

Jay n Fay Carter and Lulu

01 Fleetwood Expedition,DP

07 Saturn Toad

Denise, Sorry to hear you were hospitalized. When you didn't show up we figured that you still weren't feeling well, but had no idea it was so bad. Hope you are on the bend quickly and will have a chance to enjoy a burger at Gonzales' -- it was absolutely worth it.

Norah & Howie

Dennise....Wishes for you to feel better soon.....Then you can have a burger for us too!!

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Before I mention what the El Nino conditions look like for this winter, those that want to see the predications for themselves can go to http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/ and get more information than they'd ever be able to assimilate. El Nino is a climate phenomena originating in the Pacific ocean that occurs every several years and disrupts the normal winter temperature and precipitation patterns in the US.

This year's El Nino is in full effect, though it remains moderate by all standards. I watch the precipitation predictions mostly, and the impacts will be higher in California, the Texas coast, and Florida. I've been interested in the desert areas of the west, and I'm seeing minimal impact there. Probably the most worrisome impact will be in the recently-burned areas in California, but all of the state might well get some relief from a draught.

Bottom line is that if you are parking in the southwest there won't be much to be seen. Those in the LA/SD areas will see some rain, and mudslides will be an issue this year. But everyone should expect higher-than-normal rainfall through the winter, though it might be hard to tell the difference in some of the places we frequent.

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

Marty, I love when you give us these weather predictions...you are right on the money about El Nino and what the fire crews for the USFWS are telling us. They of course are in the know about all the weather stuff so they can plan......or not...for their prescribed fire burning. Doesn't look like its going to favorable to get much done here on the Gulf Coast this winter.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

RE: Marty and Linda on El Nino, you are both right on.

A couple of weeks ago, Howie got a call from the phone company in California (the one he retired from) because they are expecting so much bad weather this winter from the El Nino, they wanted to know if he would contract back for 4 months to work in the cold, rain and snow (higher elevations). Needless to say he declined, but folks in California know that an El Nino means lots of rain and flooding.

We plan to spend only a week or so in California this winter then get ourselves out to the deserts.

Hank & Patti..What route are you taking to Fl.....any chance you are coming down and across I-10? If so we would love to see you.

Linda & Ron, When we leave Harrison, AR, we are going to Memphis, TN. From there we are going to Pensacola. When we leave there, we are headed east & south to Pt Richey, FL which is north of Tampa. At some point we will be on I-10. My "best" guess is I-10 from about Mobile, AL to I-75 in FL.

After Thanksgiving, we are going to Bushnell to see who might be in that area at that time. We know Paul & Connie will be there... or at least they know we are coming "about" then, so we hope they don't hide from us. :-) I am pretty sure :blink: they won't hide because Connie wants to see Molly & Scooter to get her "Boston Terrier fix". After that it is Orlando & Disney World for a week or so.

Where "exactly" are you & the game refuge? Sorry, I have a hard time keeping up with us much less where everybody else is.

For all our Classmates.... Hi !

I got this info & thought some of you might be interested in it.

Send a "Thank You card" to a servicemember by going to: LetsSayThanks.com

I received this info & sent a free card from there today. The website is hosted by & paid for by Xerox.

Safe travels & good weather to you'all.

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

Hank & Patti,

The Wildlife refuge is in Gautier, MS. That is at exit 61 on I-10 just one exit west of Pascagoula, MS.

Mobile is East of us by about 35 miles.

Get yourself over to Hattiesburg, Ms and then take 49 South. Pick up I-10 and come east to exit 61, go north on that road ( you will see large brown signs on the highway just follow them). The entrance tot he refuge is on the right about 1 mile. There are several RV Parks very near by. So stop in for a visit and we can head on over to the "SHED" for some barbeque or into Petie Bois for some seafood.

Sent you a PM

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

We saw The Girls at the JGR in Ohio the beginning of Oct.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Joe...Sorry you didn't get the rig, the right on eis out there for sure.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

Hey Joe, sorry you did not get the bid on the rig....I have been meaning to ask you or anybody, have you heard from Beth and Red, "Two Crazy Ladies" ?

It would have been nice, but it just wasn't meant to be I guess. The "right" one will show up somewhere.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Hi Gang We are back in Tucson @ DMAFB anyone passing thur give out a shout. Will be here till 7th Dec.then on to Yuma. Had a Great time at the races. Stay safe out there.

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

Sorry about the "new to us" rig!! Better luck next time. The weather map is great! Neat web site.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Hi Gang We are back in Tucson @ DMAFB anyone passing thur give out a shout. Will be here till 7th Dec.then on to Yuma. Had a Great time at the races. Stay safe out there.

We are on our way to Benson and will be there for a few weeks. Let's work on getting together. What about that awesome Mexican restaurant you put us onto for the LOW gathering a few years back? We loved that place.

Archived