CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

I wish you guys hadn't been talking about so much rain. We sprung a leak last night in a long slow shower. I should stop talking to Joe and Marsha altogether. Our new roof is one year and 24 days old. Oh well.

I'm still in Kansas and still waiting on my sweetie. She needs to get back soon, I'm running out of laundry and groceries... <_<

It's amazing the things that are simpler when there isn't a woman around, not that I would trade her for the world but just think about it. Dishes only need to be done when there are none left. Thought that must be an every day thing with her around, not so. On top of this there are a lot less dishes when you just eat and drink from the containers and then put what's left back in the fridge. I used to use a lot of glasses, now I drink from the jug. Wow. Laundry used to pile up in the laundry basket but not if you stuff things into those little Wal*Mart bags and throw them into the bottom of the closet, no problems. I have also re-discovered the "shades of clean" concept. With a woman around all clothes are either clean or dirty. Not necessarily in my world, at the moment at least. But even with all the positives, I still miss her and it's only a few more days. Her mom is getting much better and should be good to go by the weekend. I gotta stop watching "The Red Green Show" from PBS.

Take care all, hide from the storms, take some time to bask in the sunlight. Smelling the roses along the way is ok, if you don't have allergies.

Leland & Cathy

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ahhhhhhhhh Leland, your sounding pretty pitiful with out your bride around <_<

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Leland, sorry about your roof, ours doesn't leak, and has only been replaced twice, (I'm looking for a QUALIFIED shop to do it the third time now).

I am happy to hear Kathy's mom is doing better, and she really needs to get back there to help you out, you have been alone way too long, it is starting to show in your posts.

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

Paul...we're coming....may leave here on Thursday or Friday...whenever the rain shows up, we'll most likely head out! But we'll be in FL by the weekend....look forward to seeing you both. We'll give you a call!!

HUGS!

M&B

Glad to hear you're coming early. I feel some Hand n Foot comin on. :lol:

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Paul and Connie, tell everyone there we say HI,

Tomorrow we will head towards Ft Huachuca, Who all is at Benson SKP Park now?

Gail was wondering where you guys are Joe and a number of folks have been asking about you.

Rick and Terri Traver are in Benson.

Paul

Our blog A Breath of Fresh Road

Paul & Connie

98 Monaco Windsor 38' DP (For Sale)

2004 Chevy Tracker

Started 10/8/07

Hey Paul, we pulled into Ft Huachuca AZ today, will be here a week or so waiting on this cold front to pass before heading to Deming for a few days.

We still plan on doing south TX this winter, but it won't take much to convince me FL is the best place to winter. We really enjoyed the weather last year in FL, and not being "tied" down we would head deeper south to miss out on those nasty cold fronts that do lip down into FL.

Enjoy.....

Chasing the 70's

I had hoped to check it out again today to see if I could find anything resembling the "line" that Jay mentioned but didn't have time. Norah, if you and gang could check this out before Thursday, we'd all be thankful. You'll see what I mean when you see the area...

WE FOUND IT!!!!! Looks just like the photo. No sign nothing that would make you think it is a restaurant. It is on Silver Ave on the south side of the street on the southwest corner of Silver and 14th across from the public works building. I know it doesn't look like much but all the reports are of fabulous hamburgers.

You could also come by Bit o Heaven about 10:45 and we can caravan over to Gonzales, if that helps. I'll email you our cell phone numbers.

If we get to Gonzales' and we all decide it's not a good idea we can caravan to something else.. How's that sound?

Norah

Hi all. I've been chuckling about the thread on a decent place to gather and eat in the RGV. I'm looking forward to a "thumbs up-thumbs-down" picture . May everyone get served.

To those in the SE, I wish you'd decide to just wait out the storm. It's only a day or two, not worth getting into trouble.

I'm leaving Benson tomorrow for Tucson, San Joaquin Road. Gotta see how the old boys are doing this year.

I wish I could be in RGV to see folk there. I spent way too much time there last winter, it started to feel like "home" or something. Take a different road.

2007 Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel

2007 Chevy Silverado 2500HD (Green)

I want to especially thank each and every one of you that severed in the Armed Forces, even the Navy people and the Marines, for giving that part of your life so we can enjoy the freedom that we have. THANK YOU

Today is THANK A VET DAY.

Chasing the 70's

Happy Veterans day to all and thanks for your service.

We are in phoenix @ the NASCAR races with our race friends will return to Tucson Monday Joe & Marcia it was good to see you two again even if it was for a short time.

Safe travels to all.

David & Kathy 2007 hitchhiker LS 34.5 IKTG

2007 Dodge 3500

SKP#95802

Class of 2007

http://www.giraffelady65.blogspot.com

http://www.downaonewayroad.blogspot.com

A true friend is one who knows your faults and still wants to be your friend

Happy Vet's Day

Reminds me of a joke I heard when stationed at Monterey CA (Yes I was lucky enough to be stationed there with all branches of the military)

This came over the Public Address system one day:

"Good Morning for all you guys in the Navy it is now 4 Bells........to you Army guys it is 1000 hours.......Air Force it is 10 in the Morning and to all you Marines out there Mickey's Big Hand is on the 12 and his Little Hand is on the 10" ;)

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

No Joe it is not cold but it is NOT hot either.....mid to high 60's each day....but where I am going next week might be a tad bit lower...heading to Northern Wisconsin to go Bambi Hunting....then back to Lincoln after Thanksgiving and then heading south Dec 2 or 3ish.....

Oh one more thing...I just talked to Howie....the burgers at Gonzalez get a thumbs up !!!!

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Oh one more thing...I just talked to Howie....the burgers at Gonzalez get a thumbs up !!!!

They were terrific. ;) Here's the link to photos of our lunch and burgers.

Greg, we all so enjoyed our chat with you. Can't wait to see you guys sometime over the winter/spring.

Norah & Howie

My lovely wife has just bid my lunch money for the next 35 years on us a new home. It still has several days to go and maybe someone else will out bid her and I will be able to eat.

2003 Monaco Dynasty 38 Jack

Unit # 16616

status open

Current bid $76,300.00 by mjones

Close date 11/16/2009 12:00:00 PM CST

Location Adelanto, CA

Bank Repo RV. This is 2003 Monaco Dynasty 38 Jack powered by a 330hp Cummins 24V diesel engine with an automatic 6-speed transmission on a Roadmaster chassis. The RV features double slide outs, a powered patio awning, twin air conditioning units, air suspension, power leveling, satellite, roof ladder, hitch receiver, Onan Quiet Diesel 7500 generator with 178hrs. The cab has power/leather captain seats, power/heated mirrors, a Sony backup monitor, Cobra CB radio, and a 6-disc CD changer. Through the impressive living area is a leather recliner with end table, a solid surface fold-out dining table with seating for two, sleeper sofa, hardwood cabinetry, and an overhead entertainment center with Sony television, DVD player, and surround sound. The kitchen has tiled flooring and solid counter tops. It’s equipped with a dual basin sink, Sharp microwave/convection oven, triple burner cook top, and a four-door refrigerator/freezer with ice maker. The master suite has a bath with corner vanity sink, glass enclosed shower, private toilet, and a closet with a Splendide washer/dryer. In the bedroom is a queen size bed with nightstands, closet with sliding glass doors, built in dresser, and an overhead Sony television. This Monaco runs and drives with 40,013 miles and appears to have been well cared. You can view it at our Adelanto, CA facility.

And then again we may have to turn around and drive back to CA to pick it up.......

Chasing the 70's

Good on the fishing. The cold front is moving in and they always bite better justbefore a front moves in.

RGV Rio Grand Valley, the southern part of TX where a lot of people spend the winters.

Chasing the 70's

Hank & I have returned to Harrison, AR from Branson. Branson, MO certainly knows how to treat & honor Veterans! We had a good time but are now back near the youngest grandson & his parents. We will be here until the 20th when we go to Mempis where we will see Graceland. Then we head east to FL.

Marcia & Joe, good luck on your bid for a new house. Joe, from the sound of it, you will enjoy it a lot even if you don't get to eat lunch! :-)

Norah, thanks for the Gonzales people & hamburger pics! I only saw happy, smiling faces so the luncheon turned out well. It is nice that you'all got together.

Lora, you did a great job last year & we don't blame you for Pepe's not being the place it was suppossed to be! It was good of you to do all the work & you had the same lunch "problems" that the rest of us had. At least this year got off to a good Class of '07 start for meals & get-togethers!

We certainly hope no rv'ers are stuck in the NE tolerating the N'oreaster that Ida has turned into. We used to live in southern MD right on the Chesapeake Bay, so we feel bad for our family & friends being blasted by the storm, but we are really glad that we don't live there now!

Safe, dry traveling!

Patti & Hank Landry

Molly & Scooter- Boston Terriers

2009 Phaeton

toad: 07 Silver Toyota

landrypatti@yahoo.com

http://woodalls.mytripjournal.com/HankandPatti

Location: Paradise South, Mercedes, Tx for the winter of 2010

No peanut butter and jelly for the next 35 years! I might have to pass on that bid.

Good luck!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Joe & Marcia....Good luck on the bid

Hank & Patti..What route are you taking to Fl.....any chance you are coming down and across I-10? If so we would love to see you.

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Archived