CLASS OF 2007 follow along with us.

JoeandMarcia

If you are coming to Q this winter - please visit us in Boomerville Jan 14-28. Bobbie & Jim and Lesle & Bill are co-hosting the rally. We would love to see you!

:o Lesle

2007 fulltime graduates Bill, Lesle & our 2 lazy cats - driving 01 F350 diesel with 08 SKP model Americana 5th wheel

blog - www.bearandbutterfly.blogspot.com

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tick tock tick tock.....time to leave here soon.......

Now you are the one "North". Hope you get out soon too. We wondered how close we got to you on our way across Kansas. We will be here in Olathe for a week or so and then maybe Branson and then maybe Warm Springs Nat'l in Arkansas. Isn't the "Hitch Itch" the worst thing?

Leland & Cathy

Joe, keeping your eye on every"thing"?

We intend to be in Q in Jan and maybe for a few days in early Dec as we travel to Phoenix area for grandkid hugs.

Tony

Jones the Beagle

2001 Int'l 4700LP

2005 Travel Supreme 40RLTS

2006 Honda CRV

WoW,

Great to see you left that white stuff. Beautiful fall. At least your white stuff isn't as much as your pix from last year :)

Were on Whidbey Island till Thanksgiving?? Poored last eve, nice today even some sun but Windy tonite & 47 out.

Travel safe

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

WoW,

Great to see you left that white stuff. Beautiful fall. At least your white stuff isn't as much as your pix from last year :)

Were on Whidbey Island till Thanksgiving?? Poored last eve, nice today even some sun but Windy tonite & 47 out.

Travel safe

Hi, S & S! Did you move the rig over to Whidbey? Hope the folks are doing OK. Are you still planning on coming to the RGV? Weather here has ranged between 70s and high 90s - rain today, but still shorts/sandals weather - YEAH!!

Travel safe, everyone!

John & Lora

http://southfromalaska2.blogspot.com/

2003 Foretravel U320

2018 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid

Class of '07

Were on Whidbey Island till Thanksgiving.

We're not that far apart then - about 60 miles as the crow flies. We're in Chilliwack now. And it sounds like we both got the same rain today. We have to get the BC vehicle registrations done and get registered for that free healthcare. Then we can finally head south.

yes J&L we have moved the MH over to Oak Harbor. Tyee gets colder this time of year It's @ a higher elevation.

Folks are doing ok. Steve's mom has good & some bad days. But that's Alzheimer's ;)

My brother has a place we can park with hookups. ;)

If we can leave Thanksgiving we will spend X-mas in Phoenix area w/ grandkids. Then need to go to Red Bay, AL for some warrenty work Jan. 4th. After that RGV or Q is in the Jello But depends if we need to return to Whidbey?

RJ

If you stop north of Seattle like Mt Vernon area give us a holler. We could probably meet you for a visit ?. Where we spent most of the summer we were even closer to Chilliwack. (south side of Mt Baker.)

Sandy

Steve & Sandy

Papillon's Yoda & Ruby

2008 Phaeton 40QDH DP

http://allgire-travels.blogspot.com

Joe, Sis, Elen and I will see you in Q monday if your still there. We leave here then. ON the road finaly. Will call when we get close.

SKP 98010
1990 Bounder 27D by Fleetwood
Ray and Elen living this beautiful life style and exploring this beautiful country

Hey Joe....are you staying at Nellis??? Noisy??

Have you and Marcia ever visited Mt Charleston? It is nice up there worth the drive (at least we think so) Just look to the West it's that thing sticking up from the desert floor.

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

Greg, NO we aren't staying on Nellis. We stayed there last weekend and wasn't impressed with it at all, so we are at Sam's Town.

I think Marcia and the kids are going to Hover Dam today, I'll tell them about Charleston, maybe they will go there too if they have time. The kids fly back to TN tomorrow.

Are you ready to head SOUTH?

Chasing the 70's

You can follow us using My link

I may not know what town I will be sleeping in,

But I know I'll be sleeping in MY bed.

What in the world is UP with your weather !?!?!??!

As an aside I have spent the last few moments looking at Las Vegas Webcams and I have not spotted either of you two.....YET !!! ;)

Cheers

Greg and Jean
Madison, SD

“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did."

I've been over in Death Valley, CA since Friday and will be heading back to the SKP park in Pahrump on Nov. 8th. This is a very interesting place. The last two days have been very windy, but the wind should stop later on this evening and the temps will be climbing back up into the 80's by the end of the week. I'm dry camping at the Sunset Campground and doing day trips from here. Went up to Death Valley Ranch, otherwise known as Scotty's Castle today with some other SKPs. The '49ers Encampment activities start next Wednesday and the wagon trail arrives in here next Friday.

Safe travels,

Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Hey Greg, you won't see us unless they have a web cam here at Sam's Town, but you might see our kids running around.

Trisha, how is Death Valley? we are thinking about a trip there before we head back to Yuma. Are you dry campng by choice?

Chasing the 70's

GE

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts

post Oct 27 2009, 10:21 PM

Post #2411

SKP#: 103122

Ok I couldn't let a WHOLE day go by without SOMEONE saying SOMETHING.......so Hi everyone......lol biggrin.gif

Hey Greg I'll save it this time.

The kids flew out of Vegas today, and we got our last hugs until spring from Miss Jaelynn. I sure will miss her this winter.

She and her mom and dad are "stuck" in St Louis for the night. The plane was delayed from leaving Vegas, and the plane they were to catch in St Louis didn't wait on them so they will have to spend the night there. I hope they can catch a flight to Nashville tomorrow.

We will be headed back to Yuma this weekend, and then after a few days, maybe a couple weeks in the desert we will start "meandering towards Brownsville.....

Chasing the 70's

I've been over in Death Valley, CA since Friday and will be heading back to the SKP park in Pahrump on Nov. 8th. This is a very interesting place. The last two days have been very windy, but the wind should stop later on this evening and the temps will be climbing back up into the 80's by the end of the week. I'm dry camping at the Sunset Campground and doing day trips from here. Went up to Death Valley Ranch, otherwise known as Scotty's Castle today with some other SKPs. The '49ers Encampment activities start next Wednesday and the wagon trail arrives in here next Friday.

Safe travels,

Trisha

Don't know if you have any interest but there is a good place to hunt for opals not far from Pahrump, 3 miles south of Shoshone, Ca. If you are interested I will post the gps coordinates. Is Sunset campground in the park? We checked out Furnace Creek campground and it had large back in sites. Dry camping only but we liked them.

We are currently at Deming, NM, at Dream Catcher for a week before heading into Texas. Going rockhounding as the fifth wheel doesn't weigh enough yet.

We're finally done with all our medical stuff (except picking up our custom earplugs for riding & Stu's hearing aids). Getting packed up and heading to Hershey Park with the grandbabies (1 & almost 4) for 4 days. Should be a fun weekend...just hope it doesn't rain every day!!

Next weekend we move to Bridgeville, DE for the Punkin' Chunkin' and then we are southward bound. First stop TN where we will continue to look at land. Then to Atlanta for Thanksgiving with my family, finally on to Bushnell for a couple weeks, most of which we'll spend on our 10 day cruise to the Panama Canal. LOL!!

SKP hugs,
Donna [Froggi] & Stu
BLOGS: Our Prime Years ~ My Author Site
2000 Freightliner FL60, 2007 41' KZ Toy Hauler, 2015 HD Tri-Glide
SKP Lifetime #48337 ~ Good Sam Lifetime #42600353

To answer the questions, most of the campgrounds in Death Valley have no hookups. Sunset Campground is right across the road from Furnace Creek Ranch Resort with its swimming pool, showers, golf course, tennis courts, etc. Generators are allowed from 0700-1900 (and during the encampment time, until 2100), but in Texas Spring Campground which is just up the hill from Sunset, no generators are allowed to run. There are three dump stations with water in the area and there are 4 restrooms within Sunset campground (no showers). But with mountains all around and a view of the date palms across the road at the resort, it's worth having to rough it for a bit.

Now that the wind has stopped blowing, the warmer/hot weather is returning. It's due to be in the mid-80's today and will be warming up to the low to mid 90's by the middle of next week.

Death Valley is one of the places that the Escapees SOLOS gather every year to have a good time.

Safe travels,

Trisha

Trisha Schmidt

2008 Tiffin Phaeton

2006 Saturn Vue

Thanks Trisha,

I think we are going to pass on death Valley this trip. We are "meandering" towards Yuma, currently in Bull Head City to fill up the gas tanks, ($2.25 for reg here). we "MAY" stop along the way somewhere, or we "MAY" drive on to one of the boondocking places near Yuma.

Everyone STAY SAFE........

Chasing the 70's

Archived