Purchased a New RV in 2022 but the timing was not right so we Rent it.

My Wife and I purchased a New Forest River Georgetown GT36K7 in September 2022. unfortunately it spent the next 8 months in the Shop for various warranty issues.
and the Catalytic Converter was stolen while on the Camping World Lot. that took the most time to get. We were able to take a couple trips Last Summer but being that we live in Virginia 
come late October we have to winterize it till March. We tried to plan several trips this year but Kids and health issues got in the way. 

So I figured that since it's sitting doing nothing I would rent it out using a popular RV Rental site, and so far it's been a good experience, it pays the monthly payments.
I wonder how other people with RV's feel about the RV rental sites. Have anyone had issues renting their RV, Have you had to use the RV sites insurance? 
what to look for? ect. 

Welcome to the Escapee forums! I have owned RVs for many years but have never rented one of them to others. I have spoken with a few people who have had a good experience using Outdoorsy but I have no direct experience doing so. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Thanks for the Welcome. 
I never even thought about renting it to others until a co-worker asked if I would rent it to him for a family trip.
at first I was hesitant because my RV insurance does not include renting. but when looking into it the RV Renting sites do background checks, and full coverage insurance is purchased by each renter. 

We hope to be doing more after my wife retires this summer. 

if you don't mind me asking, what boat did you serve on? 
My Father was on an old diesel boat, the USS Thornback (SS 418)  

I qualified in submarines on the USS Seadragon, SSN 584. Went to nuke school then to the USS Theodore Roosevelt, SSBN 600. After she went in the yards I went to the USS Woodrow Wilson, SSBN 624 which is the one I was on longest, making 6 patrols. Were you on the boats?

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Good luck with your rentals.  We have hosted at many parks and have seen the way some of the people treated the rental units.  I would not consider renting my RV.  I buy what I can afford.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

• 2 weeks later...