Dometic refrigerator, propane pilot goes out at highway speed

OldWO3

Good day all,

I have a 2000 Roadtrek 190 Popular. It hah a dometic model RM2333 refrigerator installed. The "pilot" light goes out when travelling at highway speeds. Around town it's fine. Due to the placement of the fridge and the outside access panel I am unable to get to the burner to clean it.  I am thinking of covering the access panel but I'm sure that would affect the operation. 

I have removed the front mounting screws but I cannot locate how the back of the fridge is secured to the RV.

Any thoughts, Ideas or experiences would be greatly appreciated.

The RV is new to me and I do not know if the previous owners had this issue.

Thanks in advance for your help

Welcome to the Escapee forums! Here is a copy of the Owner's Manual  which you can download, if you do not have them. The operating instructions begin on page 8.

There are several things that could be related to the problems and a lack of service is one of them. You should be able to gain access to the burner area from the outside access panel. It is also possible that you do not have proper propane supply pressure so you may want to have that checked. With an RV that is now 23 years old, it seems unlikely that the problem was always there but I have no experience with one like it so am only guessing. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Just a quick guess to look at. Is the burner itself. Where the propane comes out of several slots. Sometimes they sorta grow shut with deposits, or oxidation. 

I normally use a small 90 degree pick to clean the slots. One of those orange handle little picks with a point on it.   If they need cleaning, normally the flame will be a little bigger when operating.

Just be careful about doing the work.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:56 PM, Wrknrvr said:

Just a quick guess to look at. Is the burner itself. Where the propane comes out of several slots. Sometimes they sorta grow shut with deposits, or oxidation. 

I normally use a small 90 degree pick to clean the slots. One of those orange handle little picks with a point on it.   If they need cleaning, normally the flame will be a little bigger when operating.

On 10/11/2023 at 12:56 PM, Wrknrvr said:

Access to the burner is virtually impossible. It's about 6 inches to the right of the access panel. I'm unable to attach pictures for some reason. Thanks for your suggestion.

9 hours ago, OldWO3 said:

Access to the burner is virtually impossible.

If your RV doesn't have the standard access panel that is full width of the refrigerator you may have to pull it out of the mounting inside of the RV to gain access. 

..43924_200812492345_480x480.jpg?v=1650018

Before you do that, have you had the propane supply pressure checked to be sure that it is at the required 11" of water column? It might be that you need to have the propane pressure regulator replaced as a low supply would make it more likely to blow out.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI