Where to reside?

Trubble

Are you buying or renting spaces for domicile?

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 2 weeks later...

We're using a trusted relatives address as domicile. We're new to all of this, and leaving OH for drier, warmer climate for our health. A couple cold nights would be tolerated. We also have a German shepherd. We're looking for a used 16' camper to buy, cheap but reliable. I've never heard of SS being taxed!? We have a lot to learn! I don't think Medicaid covers out of state anywhere?! Thanks for the advice!

3 hours ago, Trubble said:

I don't think Medicaid covers out of state anywhere?

Medicare is federal health insurance for anyone age 65 and older, and some people under 65 with certain disabilities or conditions. Medicaid is a joint federal and state program that gives health coverage to some people with limited income and resources. To get Medicaid you must register in the state where you will live. For example, if a person from Texas wishes to apply for Medicaid while outside the state, the person should contact the other state's Medicaid agency. The other state's Medicaid agency determines whether: the person plans to live or visit in that state and that state's Medicaid is available to the person.

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We spend half of the year in Colorado even though our domicile and condo is in Louisiana where we have Medicare. We've never had any problem using Medicare in Colorado or other states. 

Back on the road again in a 2011 Roadtrek 210P

2011 Tahoe 4x4, 2006 Lexus GX470, 2018 Ranger XP1000, 2013 RZR 570LE
http://finallynewellin.blogspot.com/

458863254_cabinavatarcopy.jpg.7751792e372f5959d079d77730f9290d.jpg

3 hours ago, Trubble said:

We're looking for a used 16' camper to buy, cheap but reliable.

That could also be a problem. Two people in a 16' travel trailer is going to be very cramped and very little storage space. Also, cheap & reliable could be different trailers, depending on the budget. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 9/10/2023 at 9:36 AM, Trubble said:

Would MO or OK be a good place to set up a domicile for disabled and seniors  who want to travel the west by truck and trailer? And where is best in the winter months? No matter what,  we will have to live in a camper during the winter... 

Thanks!

-Trubble 

Missouri is definitely not the place you want to be in winter .... or summer.  We grew up there!

You'll want a place that doesn't have snowstorms, ice storms or high humidity  in summer.  Surprisingly, you may want to try Benson, Tombstone, Bisbee, Sierra Vista, Arizona.  Nice enough summers because of low humidity and elevation helps, also.  In winter you'll have many warmish days but could have cold nights.  Occasional snow but usually melts in a day.  

There's a wonderful Escapee co-op park in Benson, AZ.  It's a very popular place in winter and there are many summer residents, also.  We spent many winters there.... a very friendly park and very helpful Escapee members , if needed.  

There is no perfect weather place except San Diego area perhaps but then trying to find a reasonable place to stay would be very difficult.

Edited by 2gypsies

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

On 9/10/2023 at 11:36 AM, Trubble said:

Would MO or OK be a good place to set up a domicile for disabled and seniors  who want to travel the west by truck and trailer? And where is best in the winter months? No matter what,  we will have to live in a camper during the winter... 

Thanks!

-Trubble 

Expand  

Missouri is definitely not the place you want to be in winter .... or summer.  We grew up there!

Didn't want to quote the entire comment, but I have spent winters in Missouri and Oklahoma and find them very nice. But I like the cold weather and snow. Sure there have been times where it's more cold than others and I've seen neighbors having issues with leaving hoses out in the sub zero temps and then thinking on a warmer day they would thaw out more quickly than they actually will. It's all about planning and putting "Skirting" around to keep the wind from blowing under your home. Keeping your fresh water tank full when ever there is a semi nice day with little wind and paying attention to your waste tanks and using the facilities at the campground for the high water use activities. 

I have wintered in Cape Girardeau, MO., Edmond and Lawton, OK. with no major issues. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.