Dash Warning Light

Frogman

Hi Folks,

I have another rookie question. My question is about dash warning light. I the center of my instrument cluster I have the word " CHECK " show up in yellow. Right now I do not know what I should check. I need some guidance. My truck is a 2012 Volvo 610 with an I shift transmission. Just last week I put in 4 new batteries. At that time everything seemed to be ok. Another question or too. When the truck is running, what should be the voltage be ? How do I find what codes are causing the "CHECK" light to come on.

Thank you for any help or ideas,

17 hours ago, Frogman said:

Hi Folks,

I have another rookie question. My question is about dash warning light. I the center of my instrument cluster I have the word " CHECK " show up in yellow. Right now I do not know what I should check. I need some guidance. My truck is a 2012 Volvo 610 with an I shift transmission. Just last week I put in 4 new batteries. At that time everything seemed to be ok. Another question or too. When the truck is running, what should be the voltage be ? How do I find what codes are causing the "CHECK" light to come on.

Thank you for any help or ideas,

Does it stay on? Or extinguish when air pressure hits 60 psi?  If stays on use stalk to find “vehicle messages” and it should tell you what to check.  

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

2 hours ago, Frogman said:

Hi Guys,

Thank you so much the the help and ideas. Sounds like it's time to do so reading. I also plan to take a pen and paper with me when doing this this job. I will report back later what I find. Knowing me there will me more questions later.

Thank you again,

Hi Guys,  I am come across this video. It could help other folks with their Volvo. I have watched it several times now. Looks like to be a big help. Will report back later after I go through the whole menu. Wish me luck.

Hi Folks,

Update (9/9). This is the fault that came up. Instrument cluster, MID 140  PSID 239  FM1 12. So far I have no idea what this fault is. I have followed the video with success but no success with resetting the fault. Not sure why. Any ideas guys ? Also I believe the truck has a new problem. I will start a new thread about that problem.   

I should have added this info. Also on the dash was this message. Volvo Link, Hardware Failure, Use Paper Logbook.

Edited by Frogman
more info