Opinions on deleted emissions for rv?

Deezl Smoke

2 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It was my old 1972 John Deere 7020 that "inspired" me to learn how to work on a/c.  I sat down with the shop manual and studied how it worked, and within a couple days, it did.  Did I do it correctly"?  Of course not.  But there's nothing worse than sitting in a greenhouse atop a hot diesel motor, trying to decide whether to open the windows to let the heat out/bugs and dirt in, or jut bake in 140f (measured) temps with the fan blowing clean air.

We spent a lot of money repairing the a/c in the Volvo.  Corrosion will do that.  So far, the a/c in the kw is pretty dang nice.

My own KW has all new components except ONE all steel return gas tube, which just so happened to still be good and is NLA from KW new.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

It was my old 1972 John Deere 7020 that "inspired" me to learn how to work on a/c.  I sat down with the shop manual and studied how it worked, and within a couple days, it did.  Did I do it correctly"?  Of course not.  But there's nothing worse than sitting in a greenhouse atop a hot diesel motor, trying to decide whether to open the windows to let the heat out/bugs and dirt in, or jut bake in 140f (measured) temps with the fan blowing clean air.

We spent a lot of money repairing the a/c in the Volvo.  Corrosion will do that.  So far, the a/c in the kw is pretty dang nice.

I fully understand. We had a IH 503 with a swamp cooler, a JD 105 with a fan, and when an uncle passed, we ended up with his JD 55 square back with no cab. The 55 was my choice. Unfortunately it is that choice that is the reason for so many trips to the dermatologist. But in my area of nw Oregon, we have very low humidity in the summer months and no cab with a breeze is cooler than a cab with no ac.

I'm a work'n on it.