et hitch

vacationer

7 hours ago, vacationer said:

Hi went on my first long trip about 8hrs to michigan speedway. I did notice that my trailer was doing alot of bouncing it seemed like with the et hitch.

Is this normal with them. 

So what is your basis for comparison?  Another hitch?  What is it?

Marcel

An air ride hitch will move a lot more than a fixed hitch. That's the plan, smooth out the movements. The ET also has a multi axle movement where some are up and down mostly. If you are using both an air ride hitch and a hitch mounted device that may cause issues. 

Henry may chime in here at some point also. Jack Mayer at RVH Lifestyles would answer quickly if you posted on Facebook. He doesn't hang here much anymore. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

Henry,

Not trying to hijack the thread but how often should the bags be replaced because of aging?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

16 hours ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Henry,

Not trying to hijack the thread but how often should the bags be replaced because of aging?

When I junked my Volvo (engine blew up and I couldn't justify $20K inframe on 20 year old truck) I took out the prototype hitch out and eventually junked it too. When I took it apart the airbags were perfectly serviceable, dusty but no rubber checking or other issues. In an ET the bags are well out of the elements and sun which is the worst for rubber.

7 hours ago, phoenix2013 said:

When I junked my Volvo (engine blew up and I couldn't justify $20K inframe on 20 year old truck) I took out the prototype hitch out and eventually junked it too. When I took it apart the airbags were perfectly serviceable, dusty but no rubber checking or other issues. In an ET the bags are well out of the elements and sun which is the worst for rubber.

Thanks.

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"