RV inspection

Evi

I know that I have to have the RV inspected in TX. My question is, other than taking the RV to an inspection station (since ours was already moved to the spot where it will stay)

are there any companies that will come to the rv park to inspect?

Are you going to move it anymore? sounds from your post you are not. If so no registration needed. Talked to our county and said once on permanent site no yearly registration needed.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yes, there are companies that offer mobile RV inspection services in Texas. These companies have inspectors who can come to the RV park or any location where the RV is parked to conduct the inspection.

To find such companies, you can search online for "mobile RV inspection services in Texas" or check with local RV dealerships and service centers. Additionally, you may want to ask for recommendations from other RV owners in your area who have had their RVs inspected.

It's important to choose a reputable and experienced inspector to ensure that the RV is thoroughly inspected and any potential issues are identified. The inspection should cover all the major systems and components of the RV, including the electrical, plumbing, and mechanical systems, as well as the exterior and interior of the RV.

15 hours ago, Evi said:

I know that I have to have the RV inspected in TX. My question is, other than taking the RV to an inspection station (since ours was already moved to the spot where it will stay)

are there any companies that will come to the rv park to inspect?

Technically the state safety inspection must be done at the inspection station, however if you ask around you may find a station that is willing to bend that rule as it is a pretty silly one for a non-motorized RV. 

14 hours ago, GlennWest said:

Are you going to move it anymore? sounds from your post you are not. If so no registration needed. Talked to our county and said once on permanent site no yearly registration needed.

This too is true as registration/license plate is only needed if it is going to be on a public roadway.

Edited by Chalkie

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg

1 hour ago, Anawilliam850 said:

Yes, there are companies that offer mobile RV inspection services in Texas

This is true of the prep-urchase inspection but it is not true for the state inspection that Evi is asking about. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

• 2 months later...
On 4/18/2023 at 12:05 PM, Kirk W said:
On 4/18/2023 at 10:15 AM, Anawilliam850 said:

Yes, there are companies that offer mobile RV inspection services in Texas.

This is true of the prep-urchase inspection but it is not true for the state inspection that Evi is asking about. 

The chatbot really dropped the ball on that one.  Fortunately, I understand they can learn from their mistakes.

48 minutes ago, Blues said:

The chatbot really dropped the ball on that one.  Fortunately, I understand they can learn from their mistakes.

Chatbot is not the most reliable tool around, especially when it comes to legal issues.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/chatgpt-judge-fines-lawyers-who-used-ai/

Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F-53 Chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/brake system