Cover Options for use In Colorado

eiblanco

I will be purchasing a Jayco 242BHSW, and am in the process of buying the accessories required.  My question concerns the cover.  It will be stored outdoors in the Colorado sun and I want to protect my purchase.   I have read that covers last at most 3 years in these conditions.  Is there any brand that people recommend?  Or since the lifetime is short, should you buy a lower priced option knowing that you will end up replacing it every so often?  Are there tricks to extending the life span of the cover? Also any recs concerning the cover length to adequately fit the trailer?

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

The most important part of covering an RV is making sure it is tight everywhere. You don't want the cover beating against the RV when the winds pick up.

Linda

And our winds can be severe here in Colorado.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

3 hours ago, sandsys said:

The most important part of covering an RV is making sure it is tight everywhere. You don't want the cover beating against the RV when the winds pick up.

Linda

Winds that Colorado has plenty of. Just SW of my home of 30 years in Colorado Springs winds were clocked at 105 MPH. We once had winds that were lifting the roots of our 35' Blue Spruce out of the ground and we had to have the privacy fence around the yard replaced 5 or 6 times over the years due to wind damage.

Truthfully, and especially if you are buying new I would just wax the entire trailer with a high quality UV protectant wax and call it good. Covers are difficult to get on and off thus not lending themselves to any spur of the moment trips.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg