Glacier Park and Yellowstone

runaway parents

We may be near Glacier National Park..

have been there for 14 summers. But my wife’s parents are still alive in Pennsylvania.    So there Health is getting to be a problem.

So we are back east in South Carolina for the winter. Our son lives there.   So time will tell. Will keep informed.

If you want any information just ask.

On 12/11/2022 at 6:19 AM, Wrknrvr said:

We may be near Glacier National Park..

have been there for 14 summers. But my wife’s parents are still alive in Pennsylvania.    So there Health is getting to be a problem.

So we are back east in South Carolina for the winter. Our son lives there.   So time will tell. Will keep informed.

If you want any information just ask.

We're planning on going to Glacier and Yellowstone next year I was just wondering if you heard if glacier is still going to require a vehicle reservations to drive the going to the Sun Road I haven't heard I was just wondering if you heard anything for 2023

I have heard anything locally.

But there website says there will be a update in a few weeks. There is a length limit on the road. Also probably a width limit on the road.  They do not leave class C’s to go over the going to the sun road.

If you have a dually truck that can get interesting. Also extended mirrors can get in the way also.

There are several other areas to go see while you are in the area also. Let me know if want any other info. Also watch when the road opens. That depends on there plow operation is going. The east side of Logan pass can have 80’ snowdrifts that need cleaned before the whole road is opened.

42 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

I have heard anything locally.

But there website says there will be a update in a few weeks. There is a length limit on the road. Also probably a width limit on the road.  They do not leave class C’s to go over the going to the sun road.

If you have a dually truck that can get interesting. Also extended mirrors can get in the way also.

There are several other areas to go see while you are in the area also. Let me know if want any other info. Also watch when the road opens. That depends on there plow operation is going. The east side of Logan pass can have 80’ snowdrifts that need cleaned before the whole road is opened.

Yeah we got reservations at base camp and we're hauling the Jeep on our semi. First time we've ever I've ever been there. Supposed to do this about the 3rd of . Maybe too early . That road road maybe still closed. Guess we have to wait and see . Like you said you said there's a lot of other places we can go see too. Just happy to be able to get out and enjoy a camping trip

All national parks have an excellent web site giving special alerts, construction delays, things to do and more.  That is where you can monitor the Going to the Sun Road opening or reservations.

https://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/gtsrinfo.htm

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

this is an add on to 2gypsies.

this link is just for glacier park notices and road conditions.

https://www.nps.gov/glac/planyourvisit/conditions.htm

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png