hydrogen jet

Kirk W

I saw that too, but when I read Hydrogen I immediately thought of the Hindenburg. Don't know  how many times I was exposed to that movie event in High School, but it was a LOT.  

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 12/1/2022 at 6:32 PM, Ray,IN said:

Isn't liquid Hydrogen what the space rocket engines burn?

Depends on the rocket:

"Launch vehicles need energy to send the spacecraft into outer space. This energy is required in the form of fuel, which is used to power rocket launchers. These fuels can be divided into two major groups- liquid fuels and solid fuels.  

Liquid Fuels

Various types of Liquid fuels are used in rockets. Some of them are very easily available such as kerosene. It can be used at ground temperature. Liquid hydrogen is also used as a fuel in rockets. It is also known as “cryogenic” fuel and must be maintained at the extremely low temperature of 20 K.

Hypergolic is another type of fuel for rockets or rocket propellant. It spontaneously ignites when it comes into contact with an oxidizer. These fuels are extremely lethal and harmful for any kind of living beings. Thus, these are very difficult to manage.

Solid Fuels

Solid fuels are usually very simple in design. They are like big fireworks. These types of fuels consist of a casing which is filled with a rubbery mixture of solid compounds. These compounds generally burn very quickly when they are ignited. Solid fuels are actually some organic material or powdered aluminum. Ammonium perchlorate is used as the oxidizer in most cases.

When these materials are mixed, the rocket propellant is formed. When the solid rocket engines are ignited, they start to burn their fuel until it is completely exhausted.  Once ignited, they cannot be turned off. When the fuel burns in the rocket engine, the flow of exhaust gases comes out through a nozzle at the bottom of the launch vehicle.  These nozzles are used to shape and accelerate the flow of exhaust gases so that it can provide a forward thrust and the launch vehicle can take off."

Source:

https://www.the-spaceship.com/fuel-for-rockets/

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire