Miss Judy's not happy......

NTPA Announcer

I know this is not about my Volvo, but Miss Judy is not happy , Sooo.........We have a 2014 Redwood with a residential Samsung  RF217ACPN French door, bottom freezer fridge. The Ice maker has been disconnected, but still we receive a small amount of leakage. We are at the point of replacing the fridge as it collects water into the crisper drawers amd freezes it there. What is the leakage from and can it be fixed ? Thank you for the help

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

This is a common issue with the RF217 and 18 fridges.  Problem is the defrost condensation drain freezes up and water “spills” over.  There’s a fairly simple mod you can make that’ll fix it. 

https://www.amazon.com/Durable-DA61-06796A-Evaporator-Refoem-Replacement/dp/B07FMKZZL2/ref=pd_lpo_2?pd_rd_w=mm6dN&content-id=amzn1.sym.116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_p=116f529c-aa4d-4763-b2b6-4d614ec7dc00&pf_rd_r=867WS6CCWWW1K39DQ40F&pd_rd_wg=50oW6&pd_rd_r=6559def0-f6ca-4f59-ac6d-93d348debd78&pd_rd_i=B07FMKZZL2&psc=1

Should be able to find some YouTube videos that detail the mod. 

Edited by Jim & Wilma

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

• 2 months later...

UPDATE, I replaced the fridge and the new Frigidaire is working fine. The old Samsung went to the shop to be dissected and farmer repaired with an root beer can and put in the house garage. Hasn't dripped a drop......

Ms. Judy's happy     ( I think...)

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Ah, Samsung appliances🤮😝 Top of the line fridge, stove, microwave and curved TV. Fridge and the TV went to the dump. Mama was not happy. Fridge couldn't handle Florida humidity creeping up the ice dispenser, would freeze the dispenser solid. Required heat guns and mallets to "open things up", off to the dump. TV developed tiger spots on screen, replacement chip on the motherboard $300 if you could find it and the shop to install it. Off to the dump. Stove, the display and control board funky, half the display works. Samsung stopped making the board, there is an outfit in the US that can "try" to refurbish it, $200. Dump is looking better and better. Microwave is hanging in.

Replacements are sporting the LG logo.

A friend owns an appliance repair company in Cincinnati, OH.  He was the authorized repair/warranty center for all the major brands, until he dropped both Samsung and LG, citing lack of service support and parts availability.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

A friend owns an appliance repair company in Cincinnati, OH.  He was the authorized repair/warranty center for all the major brands, until he dropped both Samsung and LG, citing lack of service support and parts availability.

Strange, I have a Samsung fridge and had parts in 2 days.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot