Unbelievable - see it to believe

hiljoball

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

12 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Yes, this. For years a friend who was a race car driver used one of these to tow his fifth-wheel race car trailer behind his bus.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

8 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

Don’t think that’s legal.  That old Lance 5er looks to be in reasonable shape for its age.

In Minnesota you can do a version this. Since the late 1970s if my memory is correct. People were so happy to learn they could tow their boat behind their 5th wheel. We were still in a tent camper, though, and only owned a canoe for a boat.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Just now, fpmtngal said:

The problem with the above photo set-up is that I think most states that allow double towing require the first towable to be  the 5th wheel.  In this case, the SUV is towing a bumper pull “trailer” (the pickup bed) and the 5er is last.  

I am not sure this would be considered double towing.

2005 Winnebago Voyage 38J

I was shocked when I saw this picture and thought it worth posting here. My first thought was 'Unsafe and any speed'! I would not want to be in front of or along side this rig if he has to do a hard stop!

All he had to do is trade his 5th wheel for an appropriate travel trailer and be much safer.

John

John
Titanium 29EX 29/34 Fifthwheel

2 hours ago, Lou Schneider said:

The homemade version has a ball coupler.  If the trailer overruns the tow vehicle it will push the homemade version sideways around the hitch ball.

And what a jackknife situation he has created! That is a disaster just waiting for an opportunity.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI