NADA Guide

Kirk W

It seems that I have been unaware of a change for 7 years!

J.D. Power buys NADA Used Car Guide           WANADA Bulletin # 22-15 June 5, 2015

J.D. Power will acquire NADA’s Used Car Guide business under an agreement announced by the two organizations. The deal is expected to close early in the third quarter of this year and is subject to review under a federal law. Established by NADA in 1933, NADA Used Car Guide is widely recognized in the industry as the gold standard for accurate and comprehensive used-vehicle valuation information. The company will remain based in McLean, Va., where it serves more than 100,000 subscribing clients. The agreement brings together the Power Information Network (PIN), which combines advanced analytics of new- and used-vehicle retail sales and pricing data, with the extensive knowledge, expertise and market presence of the NADA Used Car Guide. Under the terms of the deal, NADA members will continue to receive a subscription to the Guide as a membership benefit. “NADA and J.D. Power will continue to build upon our longstanding alliance by sharing data and insights, and bringing together retailers and leaders from the automakers, suppliers and the media at co-hosted conferences and events, offering thought leadership and solutions directly benefiting the retailer network and overall automotive industry,” said Peter Welch, president of NADA.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Which in turn was bought in 2019 and is now owned by Thoma Bravo, LP,  an American private equity and growth capital firm with offices in San Francisco, Chicago and Miami:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thoma_Bravo

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

JD Power I knew about but for some reason, possibly the retention untill recently of the NADA name, I completely missed the fact that they were no longer a part of the NADA. My wife was the administrative assistant to the executive VP of the WY chapter of NADA and so we were quite familiar with the way that they collected data at that time. In recent years their listings seem to have become less accurate, which may be related to those changes. 

I am having a senior moment but the other well known entity that does that was bought out by someone or corporation or automotive group. I believe I remember that happening some  time ago. I did not recall the NADA change but I do remember it happening.  Kelly Blue book I think it is. (The one I couldn't think of) I thought that they slanted more towards the sellers than the buyers and although I have used them both I did not trust them nearly as much.  I hope I am not just spreading manure but I think I am correct.

3 hours ago, bigjim said:

Kelly Blue book I think it is.

Kelly Blue Book is owned byCox Enterprises. It was purchased by Auto Trader who is part of Cox Automotive, a subsiduary of Cox Enterprises. 

11 hours ago, Kirk W said:

Kelly Blue Book is owned byCox Enterprises. It was purchased by Auto Trader who is part of Cox Automotive, a subsiduary of Cox Enterprises. 

And then there is also the Black Book which most car dealers and automotive lenders use. It is not even available for free, it must be purchased and is owned by Hearst Business Media.

SignatureNewest.jpg.a1bc8322b0862056fd28e25d5b1458db.jpg