Application for Texas Title and Registration

ms60ocb

This morning I called the Texas Tax Assessor's office looking how to register my  recently purchased car. I told the lady, I was an Escapee looking what forms I needed to correct. The lady told me, the Escapee web site has a place where all the info is provided but I can't find it. Where do I go after I log in?

I know I need to provide, the Bill of sale, Form 130-U, Copy of Drivers License, Insurance and payment.

Clay In Illinois and I'm not sure when I will the beautiful sun sets in Texas

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

One thing I DO know, you'll have to get your vehicle inspected in Texas.  We bought a truck and fifth wheel from California, and before I could get registered, I had to show proof of a Texas inspection.

MyRVRadio - Streaming online 24/7 at MyRVRadio.com and via mobile apps! Content for RVers from RVers.   2018 Grand Design Momentum 399TH • 2019 Ford F-350 (DRW)
2016 Harley-Davidson Heritage • 2013 Harley Sportster with a sidecar
Web: https://MyRVRadio.com • Facebook: https://fb.com/MyRVRadio  

1 hour ago, Kirk W said:

I didn't find anything there about vehicle registration. Did I miss something?

Linda

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

41 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

You have to be a current member to access any of that information. 

Ah, it would have been helpful to mention that in your post instead of making non-members wonder.

Linda

Yes, we let our membership lapse after we came off the road. Our number is still good though if we should decide to rejoin. After all, we did join before we went full-time so it's possible we may rejoin, you never know.

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Kirk had the correct location to start looking but then you have to find the correct Folder. There is many places that Domicile is found but I didn't find anything that applied until I opened Education and read articles there. I found what the Tax Assessor referred to as Becoming a new resident. If I saw that earlier, my years as an Escapee meant I didn't need to read it. Thanks Kirk, we got it

For the future reference  https://escapees.com/education/domicile/texas/  This is part of that section.

• Vehicle owners that are still making payments on their vehicle will need to complete Texas Certificate of Title (Form 130-U), the Application for Registration Purposes Only (Form VTR-272), and provide current proof of registration.
  • Vehicle owners that are no longer making payments on their vehicle will need to produce the current title and current registration

Clay Member # 116305

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

2 hours ago, Will B. said:

One thing I DO know, you'll have to get your vehicle inspected in Texas.  We bought a truck and fifth wheel from California, and before I could get registered, I had to show proof of a Texas inspection.

I don't know why that was so in your case and I am sure there is a reason but I have done around 5 or so that I bought out of state and did not have to get them inspected until I got back to TX.  I don't know  if it made a difference but none had a lien. The one I am driving now I bought 3 years ago in NM and have yet to have it inspected as I have been out of state volunteering or traveling. I have passed through TX several times but never took longer than 2-3 days.

15 hours ago, sandsys said:

Yes, we let our membership lapse after we came off the road. Our number is still good though if we should decide to rejoin.

There are actually several of the frequent contributors here that have expired memberships but show the SKP number, which is kept for you indefinately. I know of several of those and there are quite likely others that I'm not aware of. Once an Escapee, always an Escapee.

One thing to keep in mind is that you do need to give them your original number when/if you rejoin or they will issue you a new one. That happened to our son who dropped out for a couple of years and then came back. He didn't mention the number and they issued a new one and it was a bit of a headache to get things corrected and everything under his original number. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI