Best route from New England to Nashville

Dr. C

It has been some time since I was last that direction, so I put it into Google Maps and while this is the longer of the suggested routes, I still think it would be the best, assuming that you wish to travel interstate highways and get there relatively quickly. The short version of Google Maps and I routed from Boston. I have traveled all of this route, but not recently.

Get on I-90 W. Continue on I-90 W. Take I-271 S, I-71 S and I-65 S to Nashville. 

There are more scenic routes if you have lots of time. When I was fulltime I prefered to travel the US routes and stop in the small towns but from what you say I'm thinking that you probably don't want to spend weeks getting to Nashville. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

I90 is certainly easier with better roads, but also quite expensive. If cost is no object, that's an option. You can also drop down from Albany to Binghamton, where you would pick up Rt. 17, or the new I86. It's lightly traveled and very pleasant, although I88 has historically had absolutely brutal road surfaces. Both routes through NY will generally have lighter traffic than I81. Jay

Edited by Jaydrvr

IMO the best route is the most scenic one unless I have a short deadline for arrival.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Dr. CI think I might be able to help with whatever you want to know but you need to put a little more effort into your question before I would be willing to put my effort into an answer that may or may not be on target to help you.  Are you looking for the quickest route?  Least traffic? Least grades?  Or do you have a month and are looking for really interesting places to stop along the way? 

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien