Finding a DRV/Morryde repair facility that will let me stay onsite.

I hope this is in the right place, if not,  let me know where to post it.

I'm a full timer for 7 mo now.  My 2019 DRV JX309 is great,  but needs to TLC:

• Running gear serviced
  • Water leak fixed
  • Rear Quarter dent repair, (stupid Cactus!)

I'm stalling cause I don't know how to find a certified dealer that can handle the fixes while I stay in the rig.

I need guidance!

Please let me know how you would find the "right" place to get the work done.

P.S.  I still work full time so I need cell phone access too....of course.  :-)

Thanks for the help.

Steve B.

The best way to find a service shop that will allow you to stay in the RV while there is to call them. It would help to know where you are presently located. And are you wanting to be inside of the RV working while it is being repaired?

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

46 minutes ago, Steve Bergkamp said:

I'm stalling cause I don't know how to find a certified dealer that can handle the fixes while I stay in the rig.

Steve B.

What do you mean by staying in the rig. I don't know of anyone who will let you stay in your rig while the unit is in the service bay. But I stayed at both MORryde and DRV Factory RV parking lots with electric.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

When we had lot of work done on MorRyde suspension at the factory, we had to stay overnight. With severe limitations, we stayed in our trailer in the bay after the workers has left and work had ceased in the shop.  We were basically locked in.  Only disadvantage was the compressor statup at 4:00 AM

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Rolling Retreats, RV's for Less, Bennett's Rv, and Whiskey Mountain are a few.  That should cover most regions of the country.  You can always try the factory if you're under warranty.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

Ditto on aknavy's post!  Depending on where you are located ALL of his suggestions are excellent!  I would add if you're near the DRV plant you might also try Indiana Interstate RV Repair (Paul Cross) in LaGrange IN or Twin Lakes RV Repair (Jay) also located in LaGrange IN, both work closely with DRV and have limited hook ups.  Be prepared to be put on a waiting list, most if not all RV repair shops are booking months out!  You do know DRV does NOT service units out of warranty right?

Good luck with your repair needs.

Dan

LDSP.jpg

2 hours ago, Dapperdan said:

Ditto on aknavy's post!  Depending on where you are located ALL of his suggestions are excellent!  I would add if you're near the DRV plant you might also try Indiana Interstate RV Repair (Paul Cross) in LaGrange IN or Twin Lakes RV Repair (Jay) also located in LaGrange IN, both work closely with DRV and have limited hook ups.  Be prepared to be put on a waiting list, most if not all RV repair shops are booking months out!  You do know DRV does NOT service units out of warranty right?

Good luck with your repair needs.

Dan

Thank you, I couldn't remember Interstate RV Repair, mostly cause I have had zero interaction with them.  I've interacted with the rest, and had work done by a couple of them as well.

As far as the running gear goes, MorRyde has a list of authorized service centers.  That portion of the work is less than a day.  And, if you can do automobile brakes and bearings, it's an easy DIY job.  MorRyde (factory) is scheduling mid to late June right now, I just called them about getting an alignment. 

If you do Facebook, there are several owners groups with alot of knowledge and resources.  DRV Owners Group is pretty active, as are several others.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

• KirkW " The best way to find a service shop that will allow you to stay in the RV while there is to call them. It would help to know where you are presently located. " ...
    • Call them I will.  Actually,  after I made this post, I thought, "Their going to tell me to call the shop and ask".
    • Just need to stay in overnight, I can work from a waiting room, or something like that.
    • I am in New Caney TX right now.  Heading to Wichita KS, Hastings NE, locations in WY, then CO by August for my sons wedding.
  • ms60ocb "...What do you mean stay ....."
    • Just that I'm living in the rig and need a place to sleep at night.
  • rpsinc "..spoken to Whiskey Mountain..."
    • I purchased my rig at Whiskey Mountain.   Barry Fergasun is awesome.  I'm hoping to get the work done in TX, KS, NE, WY or CO cause that's in the line of my travel.
  • Dapperdan "Rolling Retreats, RV's for Less, Bennett's Rv, and Whiskey Mountain..."
    • Thanks for the suggestions,   I will look into them. 
  •  aknavy "DRV plant,...Indiana Interstate RV Repair (Paul Cross) in LaGrange IN ,or Twin Lakes RV Repair (Jay)...,,DRV does NOT service units out of warranty "
    • Nice rig AK!
    • Thanks for the suggestions.  I hope I can get it done in TX, KS, NE, WY, or CO.  (In my line of travel).
    • I did not know that DRV didn't work on out of warranty rigs.  Interesting, and , a little sad.  
  • Based on  my location, New Caney TX,  I have been considering the following
    • ExploreUSA RV Supercenter, 21320 Ih-35, Kyle, TX, 78640, US
    • DeMontrond Automotive Group ,14101 North Freeway, Houston, TX, 77090, US
    • If anyone has experience with these dealers,  please let me know.
  • I will also look in to Bennett's RV Ranch, Granbury, TX as it’s on my way.
  • Thank you for your help and suggestions.  You are all SKPs!!

IMG_0206.jpg

New horizon in junction city Kansas is a authorized Morryde service and installation place. They will let you stay in the lot but I doubt you can be in it while they work on it. I won’t comment on my opinion of their work but other people seem happy with them. Give them a call. 

I had Bennett's do some minor work on mine.  They did good, have a campground on site, and actually did the work in my campsite. 

Rolling Retreats is on your route.  Probably busy, but worth a try.  I have heard nothing good about ExploreUSA, so be cautious with them.

Thanks on the rig!

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

This is one of the issues with being full time. If your RV has to go in for repair, you may need to move to a hotel or similar. Luckily we can use our HDT as a mini motorhome to stay in and we have done it a couple of times. 

At Morryde, they do have electric hookups to use and will allow you to sleep in your unit inside after the workers are done for the evening around 2-3pm but they start early plus there are other shifts working that can be noisy.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.