Winter Snowbird

Twotoes

My plans to stay near Sarasota FL for next winter season 2022/2023 are not looking good due to lack of availability.  I'm not even back to my summer location and most parks are already booked. Thinking that I may try the panhandle area instead. Maybe Pensacola or Panama City but I don't know the area. Looking for recommendations for RV parks in the above area. In the alternative, also considering going to the RGV area of TX.  Maybe Corpus Cristy or Mission. Any recommendations for those places would also be welcomed.

Gulf Shores Alabama is very popular and very nice beach.  We've stayed at the state park - full of winter visitors and you can stay the whole winter there; not just 2 weeks as most state parks require.

Note:  When you get in the Panhandle of Florida and westward it gets a lot cooler.

• 1 month later...
On 5/8/2022 at 6:05 PM, 2gypsies said:

Gulf Shores Alabama is very popular and very nice beach.  We've stayed at the state park - full of winter visitors and you can stay the whole winter there; not just 2 weeks as most state parks require.

Note:  When you get in the Panhandle of Florida and westward it gets a lot cooler.

I'll second the Gulf Shores area.  Winter is the off season there so rates drop.  At least where we stay.  Ft. Morgan RV park is our winter home.   Definitely not houty toudy.  It's a 34 site Campground more than an RV park.  All irregular sites with fine white gravel.  About 10 west of 59 on the way out the peninsula.   Saw 35 degrees twice last winter.  Only briefly.  Temps are more moderate due to the proximity of the Gulf and Bon Secour Bay.  Will be there Oct 1st for 7 months this time.