Tow behind car for V-10

ashton23l

It matters if new or used, but the Kia Soul in manual is quite popular.  Here are some guides in what to can be towed, followed by additional information on towing from other sources, just for research.

Towing information from Curt Mfr. Flat Towing & Dinghy Towing Guide

Towing information from Carfax: Flat Towing & Dinghy Towing Guide

Towing information from RV Magazine:  Top 10 Dinghy Towing FAQs

We were fulltime in a 1998 class A with the Ford V-10 for almost 12 years and we towed 2 different Honda, CR-V's but they are no longer towable after the 2013 model year. Our V-10 performed just fine but I did have a complete Banks performance kit installed soon after we bought it. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

The CR-V would be perfect as we are trying to put 2 kids in car seats in it.  im still concerned about the long steep grades, maybe a banks would be the way to go on mine too. one grade I pull every year is coming north out of mono county, switchbacks and big elevation climb.  its hard on any vehicle, just hope i make it to the top!

2 hours ago, ashton23l said:

The CR-V would be perfect as we are trying to put 2 kids in car seats in it. 

We towed the 2 different CR-v's, a combined total of more than 75,000 miles with no problems at all. It is true that we didn't climb the fastest on steep, crooked grades but it was very rare that I could not maintain at least 40 mph with most common between 45 & 50. At 60 mph you would need 1/2 hour to travel 30 miles, at 45 it will take 2/3 of an hour or, 10 minutes longer. Pretty insignificant in the game of life. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We liked our CR-V so well we kept it for ten years, long after we sold our Class A, until we finally traded it in on a new CR-V. But we no longer tow so have no personal knowledge of how well a CR-V does that nowadays. Note that we did tow that CR-V up White Bird Hill in Idaho but we owned a DP at that time. 

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

6 hours ago, Kirk W said:

We towed the 2 different CR-v's, a combined total of more than 75,000 miles with no problems at all. It is true that we didn't climb the fastest on steep, crooked grades but it was very rare that I could not maintain at least 40 mph with most common between 45 & 50. At 60 mph you would need 1/2 hour to travel 30 miles, at 45 it will take 2/3 of an hour or, 10 minutes longer. Pretty insignificant in the game of life. 

Very fair point. I’m now in the market for a crv 

8 hours ago, ashton23l said:

Very fair point. I’m now in the market for a crv 

You need an older one, since around 2014 the CRV is no longer towable.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)