Garbage Disposal Around Yuma?

LindaH

We've always stayed at the Pilot Knob LTVA which has dumpsters.  But for the 2022/2023 winter season, we are considering staying on free BLM land either along Ogilby Road or Sidewinder Road.  We know where we can dump and get water for free, but I have no idea where we can dump garbage.  Anyone else boondock around the Yuma area at other than an LTVA?  Where do you dump your garbage?

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

There is a Escapees Co-Op in Yuma. You might ask them if you can dump your garbage there or if they know of somewhere acceptable. 

2015 Itasca Ellipse 42QD

2017 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Hard Rock Edition

2021 Harley Street Glide Special 

Fulltimer

2 hours ago, Twotoes said:

There is a Escapees Co-Op in Yuma. You might ask them if you can dump your garbage there or if they know of somewhere acceptable. 

You could try but I really doubt they'd want folks to start dumping garbage in their dumpsters.  They have to pay for those dumpsters.

Full-timed for 16 Years
Traveled 8 yr in a 2004 Newmar Dutch Star 40' Motorhome
and 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

12 minutes ago, 2gypsies said:

You could try but I really doubt they'd want folks to start dumping garbage in their dumpsters.  They have to pay for those dumpsters.

Yes, that was my feeling, too.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

My data is old so might not be current but there was free BLM Land behind the Shell station west of town that had a dumpster or two. Worth a drive to see if it's still there?

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

2 minutes ago, sandsys said:

My data is old so might not be current but there was free BLM Land behind the Shell station west of town that had a dumpster or two. Worth a drive to see if it's still there?

Linda

The Shell station where?  I'm only finding one Shell station in Yuma at 8th & 4th.  No BLM land near there.

There is a Chevron station at I-8 and Sidewinder Rd.  That's where the Pilot Knob LTVA is with dumpsters.  However, those dumpsters are only for those with a permit.  There is a free BLM area just a bit west of the LTVA, but there isn't a dumpster there, at least the last time we drove by it.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul

2 hours ago, LindaH said:

The Shell station where?  I'm only finding one Shell station in Yuma at 8th & 4th.  No BLM land near there.

There is a Chevron station at I-8 and Sidewinder Rd.  That's where the Pilot Knob LTVA is with dumpsters.  However, those dumpsters are only for those with a permit.  There is a free BLM area just a bit west of the LTVA, but there isn't a dumpster there, at least the last time we drove by it.

Sorry. Guess it's a Chevron station now and we may have paid to stay at the BLM site.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Linda, you can use this facility. North Gila Transfer Station. It is north off Hiway 95 off 7E. Turn between Chevron and Circle K. Continue north on 7E. There will be a sign showing a right turn to facility. It is free, very well run and easy to use. Do not need to be a county resident. As you are familiar in this area, watch for the agriculture workers and equipment.  If you need more info let me know.

Solid Waste | Yuma County (yumacountyaz.gov)

22 minutes ago, bobsallyh said:

Linda, you can use this facility. North Gila Transfer Station. It is north off Hiway 95 off 7E. Turn between Chevron and Circle K. Continue north on 7E. There will be a sign showing a right turn to facility. It is free, very well run and easy to use.

Thanks Bob!  I hadn't even thought about using transfer stations.

LindaH
2011 Kia Soul