Tsd diesel and gas discount

Danfreda1

17 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

Today, the TSD/ open Roads card arrived and I activated it.  I downloaded their phone ap and it shows prices of the fueling stations within the radius I chose (125 miles).  All the stations that show up are available for use with the card as fas as I can tell.

Does anyone know if the price that shows up in the Open Roads ap, is the same as what is charged when using the card? 

How often are the pump prices updated in the open road ap?

I ask, because when I looked at Gas Buddy for the same station and it was .20 more in Gas Buddy than the Open Road ap. The Gas Buddy report was supposedly 3 hours old.

The Open Roads App shows you the discounted price before fees. The pump price will still be the same as retail and the pricing gets adjusted when TSD takes the money from your account. You can sometimes see a transaction breakdown shortly after filling up but usually won't see the email for a few days especially if it is a weekend. 

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

17 hours ago, franco-bolli said:

.....Does anyone know if the price that shows up in the Open Roads ap, is the same as what is charged when using the card? ....

On the app it shows you the pump price and the discount price. All the times i have used the Open Roads app, the price on the pump matched what the app said and the transaction document shows the correct discount price and fees as well. 

The web site also states...You have multiple ways to know how much per gallon you are paying. You can download the Open Roads App which will show you your fuel with the correct amount in the transaction. You will also receive a statement from us the next business day after you fuel that will show you the retail price, the discount received, our fee and the amount that will be drafted from your account

Before the open roads app, when it was EFS you could also download a spread sheet that had ALL the stations and the prices for that day as the EFS data base was not always accurate. I suspect that one of the driving reasons TSD delevolped their own Open Roads APP, was to address the accuracy of its database.

You can always reach out to TSD and ask, they are very helpful....Please email suppport@myopenroads.com if you cannot find an answer to your question.

Thanks for the reply, 
I see lots of prices advertised on the ap.

Thanks Star Dreamer and Palmeris for the clarification.

Edited by franco-bolli
wrong infor entered

+++++++++++_____________________________________+++++++++++

2021 Ram 3500  2017 Arctic Fox 25W(to be traded??)
HAM guy (Ke7FIX), photography, woodworking (mostly sawdust),
Electronics Technician,  USAF DAV

Going where everyone has gone before

event.png                                             

On 1/24/2022 at 6:08 PM, hatrack said:

If you would like to see the number, I can post a pdf to show how they do it.

I think that might be helpful to anyone who is considering the TSD care or even that of some other discount service. 

On 1/23/2022 at 11:12 PM, Danfreda1 said:

We have an hdt with 43 ft fifth wheel and only fill at truck stops so we can fill both tanks. Have tried it at regular gas stations where it was a few cents cheaper and it was not worth it. 

I can easily see that for you the TSD or similar cards would be well worth the effort and their method of billing. For me with my 2500 Dodge/Cummins crewcab truck towing a 20' travel trailer it is very easy to get similar or better fuel prices by going just a bit farther off of the highway or frequently just across the street or to the next exit from a big truck stop that has boosted their diesel prices to cover such discounts, which has become quite obvious since they advertise prices and the gasoline will be priced within a few cents of the price of other gas stations nearby but diesel is typically from 20 to 40 cents higher on those signs than it is on the automobile stations or convenience stores in the same area. That is where my Gas Buddy really shines since I can quite easily drive a block or 2 past the big truck stop and save significantly more than the TSD price would have at the truck stop. It sounds to me like that card is a great thing for the largest of RVs but for those of us with smaller rigs it would save more to avoid the truck stops completely. It also explains why in the past year or so I have noticed such a large price difference in diesel between large truck stops and smaller stations that are nearby, while the gasoline prices will be the same or nearly the same. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

On 1/26/2022 at 7:34 AM, Kirk W said:

I think that might be helpful to anyone who is considering the TSD care or even that of some other discount service. 

Kirk,

Here js one for Dec. 12, 2021, it was a really good discount at a Weigel's in Kingston, TN. Not all of them are this big of a discount.

Ken....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Pk_OyEJtcYS8uWMBmehNtZ1gR259LRfY/view?usp=sharing

Edited by hatrack

IMG_856.png.ae22d1dc2b12f9fb806b4e17121ee0b0.png

2017 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2020 Volvo VNR 42-640, D13, 455hp, Ishift, 189"wb, factory single, ET Junior Hitch @ 195", Jacklopee, Directlink

2016 GMC 3500 Denali DRW, CC, LB, Curt 25k, Sold

We just filled up in Slidell, LA. Bought 158 gallons of fuel for 3.29 a gallon. The discount was $73.66 so roughly 46 cents per gallon. That was on par with the mom-and-pop shops nearby, but they don't have master/slave pumps and take forever to pump that much fuel. The pump price was $3.75 a gallon

Edited by GeorgiaHybrid

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

2 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

The pump price was $3.75 a gallon

What was the pump price at the stations that were not truck stops and don't honor discount cards nearest to that truck stop?

8 minutes ago, Kirk W said:

What was the pump price at the stations that were not truck stops and don't honor discount cards nearest to that truck stop?

Kirk, The mom-and-pop shops were on par with the discounted price. They were just a few cents higher than the $3.29 a gallon that we paid for our fuel.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

35 minutes ago, GeorgiaHybrid said:

They were just a few cents higher than the $3.29 a gallon that we paid for our fuel.

Which is the reason that a TSD card would not benefit me. I go to those stations and pay with a credit card that gets 2% back so if the price there was $3.34 I would pay $3.27 after my rebate from using a card that I couldn't use with TSD. I can see where it might well be justified for the heavy hauler folks and possibly the big diesel pushers but for we in the smaller trailers that tow with a diesel it really isn't a good fit. 

That was April of 2021 . Was having a difficult time getting the image resized to fit in the post and cut off the date when I was messing with it.

Objective was to show how the app data is presented so you can determine the discount 'fees and final costs per gallon 

And discount price as of right now at that ta location based on the open roads app is 3.58

Edited by palmeris
Price