Rear Suspension Air Bag Question

747Flyer

On Volvos, look at the pass through block on the driver side firewall.  We had some big ones there.  

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

7 hours ago, Parrformance said:

has not "folded" the big bags in the rear even after sitting over a month.

That is where I want to get to.  I am having to replace the cab air bags on mine as they have sat with them folded and the bags have dryrotted.  Not leaking now but with a DROM in the works, gotta do it now as getting in there with the DROM in place will be difficult.

BTW-Parrformance, thank you for you Utube video on replacing them.

Marcel

6 hours ago, rickeieio said:

On Volvos, look at the pass through block on the driver side firewall.  We had some big ones there.  

This - I have a pretty good leak on one of the big lines on the engine side here.  My suspension stays up for days, but this leak will make me wait a minute to fill back up after stopping for a break.  Just need to buy the stuff to fix it.

2001 VNL 660

2018 DRV Fullhouse JX450

2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

I have an old 610 too. My gauges leak. At $275 a pop, I have no plans to change them. As long as the compressor can keep up while driving, mine can just leak. It doesn't hurt a thing. The air compressor runs all the time anyway, so nothing is working harder than it should. You might get all your air leaks repaired, but it won't last long before you'll get more. It is what it is. I've driven all brands of trucks and the Volvos so seem to be the worst for air leaks. When overnighting, I throw a couple of white oak block under the rear bumper to keep the trailer more or less level for the night.

Compressor does "run", but it's not compressing unless the governor calls for more pressure.  While unloaded, it takes very little power to rotate.  Try pulling the rope on an old lawn mower, then try again with the spark plug removed.  Same thing.

While chasing air leaks sometimes seems to be an exercise in futility, it's time well spent.  I find it less aggravating to fix a problem that to sit, waiting for air pressure to build.

I found that for the lines in the firewall pass through, remove the line, use a socket wrench to remove the fitting assembly and repair it, then replace.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net