Changing rear engine mounts

Rotorhead

Hello All,

I was wondering if anyone has changed rear engine mounts before? I have a 2010 Volvo 780 with a  Cummins ISX and Eaton xmsn. I am thinking about changing engine mounts because there is some shaking and a kind of drum roll/thumping noise when you push the accelerator (under load). 

There is nothing obviously loose. There are a couple places where the exhaust and another part are close to touching the cab or frame. So I was thinking that they could be touching and making the noise if the mounts are in fact bad.

I have already replaced bad tie-rod ends and that wasn't it.

Thanks,

Chuck

Perhaps yours is different, but our 2001 ISX/Eaton combo had no rear motor mounts.  Front motor mounts and tranny mounts only.

I would look for evidence of something touching before diving into a large job which might not be the problem.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Thanks. I certainly will be doing some more looking. I know the cab shocks and bags are no good as well. The bags are leaning towards the drivers side. The leveling valve arm was not attached when I got it but was able to get it to stay back on the ball for now. Probably needs to be replaced. She is a well worn truck. Hahaha.

I did find the control arm for the cab air shocks disconnected. So the bags weren’t inflated. And that’s where the majority of my noise was coming from. I have a new leveling valve and can shocks on the way. 
I still have a kind of knocking noise when moving but haven’t found that yet. Time will reveal it. Hopefully not at an inconvenient time and place.