Class of 2024

I have searched but did not find a thread for the Class of 2024.

I started full timing May 7, 2024 because I'm getting divorced and this was the perfect opportunity to take the leap. My house went on the market May 22 so no responsibilities there anymore and I will be staying within 200 miles of my former home base of Nashville until all is settled. My next Ex and I have a formal agreement, it's now up to the Lawyers to work out their Idiosyncratic Formatting Fight and then get a date with the Judge. The house might sell before the divorce is finalized in this red hot Nashville housing market.

Call me crazy *You're Crazy!* but I am full timing in my 2021 Coleman 202RD travel trailer, bought in February of 2021. It's 25 feet bumper to hitch. No slides, no problem. Just a nice bachelor efficiency apartment. I am also doing something else on the crazy side *Your Side Is Crazy Too?*. I have a 6-speed manual turbo-powered hot hatchback, top speed 156 mph, as my, well there is no common term for it, toad. I bought a tow dolly and every time I change locations I will turn around and come back for the sports car. 

Cross country travel will be slow, but when I park for 4 to 12 weeks at a time I'll be in a fun 30 mpg car instead of a lumbering 16mpg SUV. I just turned 65 and am retired so time is no longer of the essence for me. I have wonderful friends who are my fake landlords so I'm still domiciling in Tennessee. No state income tax and vehicle insurance is still reasonable as are vehicle registration fees.

I started camping with my family when I was about 4 years old so there is no culture shock for me. I already have about 22,000 miles towing the travel trailer so I'm no local stop and dropper either. I'm looking forward to heading across the Mississippi (third time with this rig) in February after spending November, December, and January at Rainbow Plantation Escapees Park in LA (that's Lower Alabama) and my next stop starting mid June is Raccoon Valley Escapees Park near Knoxville, 20 some miles from where I grew up.

Solo fulltimer as of May 2024, 2021 Coleman 202RD TT, 2012 Yukon Denali

Thanks Linda. I also hope more '24ers show up.

Three weeks in and the water is fine. Well, most of the water is coming from the sky these last three weeks but it's still just fine.

Congrats on going full-time.

I started out full-timing in a travel trailer that was 21’ from coupler to back bumper, it had a slide so felt bigger than it might otherwise have felt.  I’d already traveled for several years in it (multi-month trips) so was pretty sure it would work for me.  It was great!  I full-timed in it for 3 years before trading it in on another travel trailer, this one is 26’ coupler to bumper.  Feels big compared to the other one.

Sounds like you are off to a great start and have a rig you like and are comfortable with.  Don’t let anyone tell you it is too small for full-timing.

Another Class of 2024 joining ya.    Officially moved into the RV FT on 25th May, and spent the last week exploring a few hours from home base, in Banff, Yoho and Jasper National Parks.   In fact writing this from Whistlers Campground just south of Jasper Alberta.   Shoulda brought our skis for the Peyto Lake trailhead!!!  

Oh my I just looked at my profile and can't believe I've had this dream of going FT for almost 20 years = YIKES.   See it's true what they say where there's a will there will always definitely be a way.   Still pinching ourselves that we finally did actually do it after many years of on again off again "What ifs".

Think our biggest challenge is going to be "learn to slow down"  LOL.   Mind you all the elevation hiking we've been doing to so many Waterfalls and lakes we are pooped and due for some major down time after Saturday to recoup and relax.   Lots of planning and time to do so for spending next winter in the RGV area we are thinking.

Welcome Sobro.

Edited by FULLTIMEWANABE

11 hours ago, fpmtngal said:

Congrats on going full-time.

11 hours ago, MadeItToFT said:

Another Class of 2024 joining ya.    Officially moved into the RV FT on 25th May Welcome Sobro.

Thanks for the welcome and congratulations, folks.

And I'm glad there are now two members of our subsubsubgroup.

I do enjoy my creature comforts and I'll miss my 60" TV when football season rolls around, but I'm quite satisfied with my tiny house on wheels.

The Banff area is on my bucket list for sure. A great place to start your official FT adventure.