2024 East Coast Rally

SuiteSuccess

Great !! Thank you very much! This being the first year of a lot of people attending, any contributions are certainly welcomed. We are not charging anything anywhere for the event,other than your stay at Deer Run. So if we all pitch in a little we can make this work. I'm going to bring 10 cases of water and whatever else I can think of .If nothing else there's a Walmart just up the road.Again thank you so much , and if anyone else wants to offer a seminar, help , or maybe a whiteboard for messages etc. feel free. Remember this is your ECR 

Thanks !!

Denver and Ms Judy Geitgey

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello Everyone !!

According to Ms.Ramona we are between 35 and 40 attendees so far . WOW !! This ought to be fun Please go to the facebook page East Coast Rally 2024  https://www.facebook.com/events/542351944639295 ( Ihope that works ) to catch all the updates when they are put up. Remember we will try to plan some evenings where we can all meet at our site by the lake and Relax with your favorite beverage and snacks... Just to laugh and enjoy each others company.  We want this to be fun for everyone. I've also had a few new guys and Gals who are just ready to make the jump into the HDT style. I've told them to come and maybe a few of you will let them set in your truck or accompany them on a learners lap in the park. Also , don't forget the truck rodeo. It's for everyone, A lot more like "Fix my truck" " Light up the night" Potlucks, and Mr. Dave and Ms. Vicki Henegar will let us see and talk about their Alaskan trip. Again There is no charge this year, just your camping cost with Deer Run. We'll just put out a donation jug and that's good enough.

We will see you all real soon. !!!

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

Hello,

We are newbies to the HDT scene and want to come look at them, talk to folks and get an education. We have booked a cabin at Deer Run Thursday thru Sunday. I tried the FB site and it is private and i submitted a request to join. If someone could grant me access that would be much appreciated.

Any tips before we get there would be appreciated and really looking forward to this. I think this will help us decide if this is right for us so we can get busy looking for a truck and getting a build started.

Larry and Robin

2021 DRV Fullhouse MX450

2022 Volvo VNL860

Alway glad to speak to new people.  Come look us up in site 302!

(Larry & Julie)

Edited by Av8r3400

Av8r3400
2012 Volvo VNL 730 D13 iShift & 2021 Grand Design Momentum 397TH

TEq81qV.jpg

I'd rather die trying to live - Than live trying not to die.   -Leonard Perry

You are certainly welcome to attend, in fact I'm glad you are attending. We will try to answer any and all questions you have and to help you make that decision. Don't forget to bring your snacks and goodies, and whatever you like to drink. As we will try to have informal get togethers if we can during a couple of evenings. We will have a truck rodeo so you may get a chance to drive one a lap around and make a decision. And you can also join the rodeo as everyone will use the same truck. Just come and have fun. Thank you and we will see you soon.

Denver

2006 VOLVO 780

41 ' Redwood

NTPA Event Announcer

dngeitgey@gmail.com

event.png

14 hours ago, Soontoretire said:

Hello,

We are newbies to the HDT scene and want to come look at them, talk to folks and get an education. We have booked a cabin at Deer Run Thursday thru Sunday. I tried the FB site and it is private and i submitted a request to join. If someone could grant me access that would be much appreciated.

Any tips before we get there would be appreciated and really looking forward to this. I think this will help us decide if this is right for us so we can get busy looking for a truck and getting a build started.

Larry and Robin

What Larry said. I'll probably have the oldest truck there and possibly trailer as well. We've traveled all over with it. You can do this for a lot less money than you would think if you are so inclined. 

• 2 months later...

Well here an update for us: we purchased a 2021 DRV MX450 in March and got it home with my 2017 F350 SRW. Uneventful but certainly could have used a bugger truck. The trailer pulled fine completely empty, but took it easy 60-65 mph and drove very defensively.

Changed our reservation from a cabin to a pull thru spot. Arrive on 4/24

Made an offer last week on a 2022 Volvo VNL860 white, 455 hp, 2.47 gears, 412k miles. They accepted. Really nice truck although I wish I could have found it in gray or silver. Truck is in Fort Worth and wont get it until after the rally, then start conversion.

Look forward to meerting folks then.

IMG_4895.jpeg

IMG_0655.png

IMG_0654.png

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0656.png

2021 DRV Fullhouse MX450

2022 Volvo VNL860

2 hours ago, Larry and Robin said:

Well here an update for us: we purchased a 2021 DRV MX450 in March and got it home with my 2017 F350 SRW. Uneventful but certainly could have used a bugger truck. The trailer pulled fine completely empty, but took it easy 60-65 mph and drove very defensively.

Changed our reservation from a cabin to a pull thru spot. Arrive on 4/24

Made an offer last week on a 2022 Volvo VNL860 white, 455 hp, 2.47 gears, 412k miles. They accepted. Really nice truck although I wish I could have found it in gray or silver. Truck is in Fort Worth and wont get it until after the rally, then start conversion.

Look forward to meerting folks then.

IMG_4895.jpeg

IMG_0655.png

IMG_0654.png

IMG_0653.png

IMG_0656.png

Looks like a very nice Volvo, congratulations. Bring it all to the National Rally in October. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

14 hours ago, Larry and Robin said:

You are much braver than me.  I wouldn’t even consider towing my MX450 with a single rear wheel pick up.  Ours weighed 21500 lbs the day I drove it off the dealer lot before I put a single thing in it (I know because I took it straight to a CAT scale from the dealer).  When it is loaded, it is quite a bit heavier.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Ya, I was right at the limit of 21k on that truck, but had to get it home. I’ve had an F450 King Ranch on order for almost a year and we have a fleet account.

I would love to talk with you about solar and the existing battery setup when you have the chance.

2021 DRV Fullhouse MX450

2022 Volvo VNL860

23 hours ago, Larry and Robin said:

Ya, I was right at the limit of 21k on that truck, but had to get it home. I’ve had an F450 King Ranch on order for almost a year and we have a fleet account.

I would love to talk with you about solar and the existing battery setup when you have the chance.

I’m traveling home from Oklahoma for the next couple of days, but after that will be available.  My contact information is on my website (in my signature).

2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)

event.png    

5 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

I’m traveling home from Oklahoma for the next couple of days, but after that will be available.  My contact information is on my website (in my signature).

Where were you in Oklahoma? Rolling Retreats? I'd hoped to get "Flex Armor" on my drome box roof, but things are preventing that this time. Maybe after the HDT Rally in the Fall. 

I rode there a month or so ago to buy a water pump. Longer ride than I thought it would be, but I had the time. Next time I'll stay away from the 4 lane roads. 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

On 4/16/2024 at 6:34 AM, lappir said:

Where were you in Oklahoma? Rolling Retreats? I'd hoped to get "Flex Armor" on my drome box roof, but things are preventing that this time. Maybe after the HDT Rally in the Fall. 

I rode there a month or so ago to buy a water pump. Longer ride than I thought it would be, but I had the time. Next time I'll stay away from the 4 lane roads. 

Rod

Yes I was at Rolling Retreats.  We stopped in to say hello to friends and get some maintenance work done on the trailer.

event.png