Power

Hendo05

I have a 2021 Shasta Oasis. Just hooked up and plugged in. Currently I do have power to my camper. The AC and all my outlets are working. But my lights and pumps will not cut on. Battery terminals are tight. I am new to the camper life style does anyone know what the issue may be?

Sounds like your 12 volt converter is unplugged, the breaker for or on it tripped or it is bad. Should work off battery unless it is bad or battery disconnect or fuse is open.

Steve and Joy

Amateur Radio Operator WZ1T . . .  Flex 6600 M,  Flex PGXL, Flex TGXL, 

2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . Lincoln MKX Toad

The Kids . . . Yogi the Yorkie  passed 10/20/2018. . . Cookie the Chihuahua passed 11/30/2017 . . . Cooper the Aussie Doodle passed 3/10/2020

Abbie  and Abel  the Doodles . . . Brother and Sister Born 02/02/2020   . . . Lucy the Yorkie . . . and Axel  . . .The Bernie Doodle

Where We Are Now

2 hours ago, Hendo05 said:

am new to the camper life style does anyone know what the issue may be?

Does your trailer have a battery switch that turns off the battery when the trailer is in storage? If it does the switch is probably located near the entry door and may be in the store position. All of the items that you mention not working operate from 12V power and should be powered by either the battery or from the 120V to 12V converter.  If you aren't able to locate it, you may want to call the dealer you bought it from as they could probably tell you where it is. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

47 minutes ago, Wrknrvr said:

It could be you have a battery disconnect switch that is in the off position.

Ive seen that happen, they are sometimes called a Salesmen's Switch (Master battery cut off) typically located near the entry door that cuts off house battery power to the RV so the battery isn't drained when setting.

What is the voltage of your house batteries?????? I doubt they are so badly discharged no lights or anything is working. When plugged to shore power iffffffffff your converter/charger is working it should charge them. 

There may or may not be some sort of overcurrent protection (fuse or DC Breaker) or switch on your house batteries ?? If so it obviously needs to be closed and good, and of course proper and connected wiring (including Ground) from batteries up to your DC load center. Look for disconnected or broken cables or blown fuses etc on your house batteries !!!!!

Master Switch or fuse or breaker or wiring problem assuming your house batteries are NOT completely drained is my first guess ?? If so plug to shore power and insure your converter/charger is working and connected to your house batteries and is indeed charging them. Check battery water levels and voltage !!!!!!!!!!!   

John T

We had a Sunnybrook trailer that had the main breaker box in the Living room and a separate one in the bathroom for 12 volt only. It had a push-pull switch that would cut all the 12 volt off when not occupied. Check for panels and open/look behind each. You may havea similar setup and can just switch it on and off there.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire