Livingroom slide weather seal leaks

LSpecht

1 hour ago, LSpecht said:

When the livingroom slide on my 2002 Winnebago Adventurer (35U) is out, rain leaks in over the dinette.  I tried ordering a new seal from Winnebagoparts.com and they say that seal is no longer available.  Suggestions?

It may not be the slide seal, but something leaking at the connection between the roof of the slide out and the outer wall of the slide out. That has happened to be and I am still trying to get the company to fix. It was a design and workmanship flaw that is very clear to see. I had concerns about it when I first saw it when new, but their comment "We've done them this way for years without problems." I have had multiple problems, unfortunately it never rains when I am at the factory. 

Water seeks the lowest area and the easiest way to get there. Fortunately, it usually carries something with it and leaves a trail. Find the trail and both ends, you may be able to fix without replacing a "Seal". 

Rod  

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We had that on our first rig. The HitchHiker company had to remove the slide and rebuild the frame and the floor where it was rotten from water leaking in. It even soaked the flooring under the fridge which was rebuilt. Feel around the floor putting weight on your foot. If you have soft spots you will likely need to do the same.

If it just started and has not been leaking unseen for a while, the after market seals should do fine.

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

I have not had water coming in my slides, but I do notice wind blowing in through the slides in colder weather and suspect that my one-moth-per-night has been coming in that way.  Ditto for a few flies. 

My two slides have a wide piece of trim on the inside that has a thin piece of rubber or sealing on it.  I bought some rubber sealing tape intended for home windows or doors, and my son helped me add it to what was already there. (Next to, not on top of old material.)  It is very soft stuff and compresses easily, but has made a difference in terms of wind blowing in when slides are open.  I also have fewer moths visiting me at night. 

My son is taller and a lot younger than me, so he also checked the outside seals on the slides.  He replaced some, but could not reach the stuff on top because of the slide topper.  I am waiting for new slide toppers to arrive, so will get the service people to do that part when the remove the old material.