Its been a while

runaway parents

Well hey guys its been a while since i have been on he forum .Been kind of busy just like every body in the world we been dealing with the covid issues  if this wasnt bad enough thought i would throw in a total knee replacement DW didnt have enough to worry about. ended up walking away from my job dec 7 jan 4 had a new knee hope   to start looking for work in a week or to . old knee flat gave out.  Got  my 2nd covid shot  today once it sets in should be good to go Ok enough about me .the question i have is  I want to tie my hayes brake controler into the johnson bar on my truck. dose any body have a diagram or directions on how to do this.

Volvo?  Gen I or II?  On a Gen I, if you tapped into the air line that goes to the brake light switch you should be good.  

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

15 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Well hey guys its been a while since i have been on he forum .Been kind of busy just like every body in the world we been dealing with the covid issues  if this wasnt bad enough thought i would throw in a total knee replacement DW didnt have enough to worry about. ended up walking away from my job dec 7 jan 4 had a new knee hope   to start looking for work in a week or to . old knee flat gave out.  Got  my 2nd covid shot  today once it sets in should be good to go Ok enough about me .the question i have is  I want to tie my hayes brake controler into the johnson bar on my truck. dose any body have a diagram or directions on how to do this.

Sorry to hear about your challenges lately.  I can relate to some of those.  I hope you’re mending well.

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

2 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Sorry to hear about your challenges lately.  I can relate to some of those.  I hope you’re mending well.

Was working on a motel hanging doors when my knee gave out. There was about 50 construction workers working on it scattered threw out the building. So you didn't know what was coming around the corner at you . So these guys would wear there mask and get threw screening and temp checks  .Then get inside the building out of site of superintendent and take them off . Needless to say coved was in the building. I guess it was good luck for me that my knee gave out when it did It got me out of there before i came down with it .Now i have a new knee and it  is getting better each day

I don't have a Gen II but it sounds pretty straight forward.  Locate the gage on the dash that shows air pressure when you mash the brake pedal and also shows pressure when you pull the hand trolly.  Find the air line on the back of that gage.  Cut it and insert the T in that line.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

1 hour ago, NeverEasy said:

I don't have a Gen II but it sounds pretty straight forward.  Locate the gage on the dash that shows air pressure when you mash the brake pedal and also shows pressure when you pull the hand trolly.  Find the air line on the back of that gage.  Cut it and insert the T in that line.

I think i got it sounds easy enough thanks will let you know how things turn out might be a few days thanks again

2 hours ago, runaway parents said:

Brake application gage feed line? please clarify. i tried that and got windshield washer fluid out of it.HA seriously pictures would help maybe a plumbing diagram 

Assuming you have a gauge on the dash showing the pressure you're applying as you step on the brake treadle valve, T into that line. Feed into the supply port of the Hayes. The Hayes will see pressure from the foot treadle, and the spike.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.