Latest ECR Update

SuiteSuccess

Still some camping sites left for ECR if you want to attend.  No waiting list now.  Just call Angela at Deer Run.  Tennessee restrictions on indoor gatherings due to Covid have expired and not been renewed so we should be good.  If you are coming, Deer Run wanted me to be sure everyone was clear on their cancellation policy so be sure you discuss.  I have no control over that end of things.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

46 minutes ago, alan0043 said:

Hi Carl,

I am curious to know how many rigs are signed up for this years rally ?

Al, 

As of now 41 have reserved sites at Deer Run and 25 have registered with us for the rally.  Hope you’re still considering coming but everyone needs to feel comfortable.  Of note, I have been closely following the vaccine rollout and just saw an interview this morning with Dr. Fauci.  He is confident that age 65 and over should get vaccine by February or March and that by late April or May the vaccine should be available for all comers.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Update:  PayPal authorization on credit cards is only good for 28 days so some of you may have noticed I have “captured “ your payment rather than remaining “authorized”.  I was able to capture all but one which remains pending.  I will contact that individual if necessary but regardless that person is registered.  Also for ease of my workload from this day forward, ALL payments will be charged the day of registration.  However, I stand behind my commitment that if cancellation of the rally becomes necessary each registration will have a complete refund of their rally fee.

I will also be publishing a tentative schedule in mid to late March for those interested.  We have a large contingent of new folks so we will heavily stress educational seminars for newbies including picking HDTs, modifications, bed builds, hitches, etc.  However, if you have a subject you would like to see discussed, please email at ecrcarl at gmail dot com and we’ll see what we can do.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I have received inquiry that some folks may have received two notices about their charge for the rally.  I have looked at PayPal and what it shows is an original notice of “authorization “ for the $45 charge on the date you signed up.  You were NOT charged at that time.  Yesterday, January 30 I “captured “ those charges and your card should have been charged and you would receive notice.  It’s much like giving the card to the clerk before filling your truck or car.  They “authorize” a charge of say $300 but when you finish they only “capture” the charge for the amount you used.  We authorized all cards for the $45 charges with registration but I captured those charges yesterday.  If anyone sees otherwise, notify me and I WILL make it right.

Edited by SuiteSuccess

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

FYI

I had a reservation at Deer Run for the cancelled rally last year.  Rather than lose part of my reservation fee Deer Run agreed to "roll over" my deposit for this year's rally.  Yes, they kept my money for a year, but I did not lose any of it.  If Carl should need to cancel the rally this year or I find I cannot attend I will ask to roll over my deposit once again for 2022 - or any other time I want to chill out by their lake.  Others may want to consider the same if circumstances cause a reservation to be cancelled..... that is if their policy has not been changed with the new ownership.  It doesn't hurt to ask.

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

So Carl, did you "capture" enough loot to make a down payment on that fish'n boat we were looking at?  Can I drive?

Edited by rickeieio

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

40 minutes ago, rickeieio said:

So Carl, did you "capture" enough loot to make a down payment on that fish'n boat we were looking at?  Can I drive?

Thought we were trading your truck in and using some land sale money?  That’s what I heard.

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

I finally got around to doing my registration for the rally. We went last year and we're a little lonely with only a couple of HDTs there.  Hopefully all is well and is able to be held this year.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

6 minutes ago, Star Dreamer said:

I finally got around to doing my registration for the rally. We went last year and we're a little lonely with only a couple of HDTs there.  Hopefully all is well and is able to be held this year.

🤞

2017 DRV 39DBRS3