Power Cord Reel Issues

Sounds like you have a gear problem. I would be looking for 25 cent a pin sheared between a gear and shaft.

Disconnect the power cord and continue remove your power reel assemble to the point you look inside end with the motor.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Thanks for your thoughts Clay.  

I don't know how to access the inside of the reel.  The reel is located on the back end driver side of rig.  It's enclosed in a metal box surrounding it.  From underneath the reel area, I removed a few screws and sheet metal but still could not see end with the motor.  I took a few pics but they are too large to upload.

46 minutes ago, EverywhereMan said:

Thanks for your thoughts Clay.  

I don't know how to access the inside of the reel.  The reel is located on the back end driver side of rig.  It's enclosed in a metal box surrounding it.  From underneath the reel area, I removed a few screws and sheet metal but still could not see end with the motor.  I took a few pics but they are too large to upload.

What kind of rig is it in?  That may help with the brand and what could be wrong with it.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

I don’t have any suggestions for the cord reel, but here are instructions on how to post pictures on this forum (of any size).

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

• 5 months later...

1625446318923999608328148085451.thumb.jpg.453b3fe8fa013c2c1b5ed4220738a5d9.jpg

On 1/3/2021 at 5:13 PM, Alie&Jim's Carrilite said:

What kind of rig is it in?  That may help with the brand and what could be wrong with it.

So I have a 2017 Montana 3811MS, sounds like your reel is where mine it, I had the same problem I could hear the motor run but no action,  I too could not access the motor assembly,  I ended up using an angle grinder to cut an access in the box that the reel unit was housed, I found the drive chain had jumped off the sprockets, I put the chain back on and screwed a plate over the access hole.

16254463754181043929874349005403.jpg

Chad's picture posting link didn't work for me, here it is again: http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

37 minutes ago, Ray,IN said:

Chad's picture posting link didn't work for me, here it is again: http://photoposting.is-great.net/?i=2

If you click on the words "Picture Posting" it should take you directly to the post.

Your link takes me to what I assume is the main page of the RV.NET Photo Posting page, but no photos.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

7 hours ago, LindaH said:

If you click on the words "Picture Posting" it should take you directly to the post.

Your link takes me to what I assume is the main page of the RV.NET Photo Posting page, but no photos.

Right, no pictures to see, This will post any size picture to escapees if you follow the on-screen directions.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961