What are you doing for Insurance in your MDT?

Billnsue76

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, HomeSweetRoam said:

We just bought our MDT as well, getting it delivered next week and looking. Would you guys say it's beneficial to have the hauler and the rV on the same insurance together wherever you choose?

I believe they will want to insure the rig and the MDT . At least when I spoke with several companies they told be they needed to insure both. I’m sure it boils down to they wanted the dollars. 

• 4 weeks later...

I live in Oregon, near Portland. PEMCO has my autos, HDT, and now my MDT. We all have our opinion of "affordable", but I am very happy with my premium for full coverage (not including towing)for my older year model vehicles. I don't know how far reaching throughout the nation PEMCO is, but if you are within their boundaries, then perhaps a call to your local independent insurance agent would be in order? Not all independent agents are created equal, so if one does not or can not sell PEMCO, then try another.

Prior to my move to PEMCO, I was with Allstate. They too were very accommodating and sold their version of roadside service for at that time, $99 annual. But once they had to start paying for I think it was Katrina, their premiums jumped enough to make me look elsewhere.

I'm a work'n on it.

• 3 months later...

Just checked on insurance to my new to me Sportchassis, tried National General and after the 4th person and fully 50min on the phone I got a quote, called my State Farm rep, gave him the VIN and got a call back shortly with a quote as well.  State Farm (had to be through their commercial side as well) was just over $400 less a year for the same coverage.  To be fair I've been with State Farm for many, many years so new customers would likely have higher rates.  It pays to get quotes from several companies.

• 3 months later...

We have our home, autos, boats, and RV currently with Geico. Priced MDT (wouldn’t write it as personal- only Comm’l) 2004 Peterbilt 330 and it was OUTRAGEOUS! Even when they are told it’s private, not for hire, hauling a 5th wheel RV only. What do those of you who have MDT coverage on a private vehicle ask for when quoting- and what companies should I check with? I currently have a message in to RIS(old Blue Sky) and Explorer RV for quotes. When a company wants a yearly premium nearly matching what I am paying for the truck there is an issue. TIA for the assist. 

Howdy!

I insured our 4400 International with USAA. I tried National General and they started with a lowball rate and then kept going up. So I went back to USAA.

”Happy Trails’

Chefneon

"Class of 2007 Fulltimer's"

Gary & karen

Smoochie & Michaela (fur babies)

2018 Chevorlet 3500 HD/LTZ 2L Custom Hauler

2014 Heartland Cyclone 4000

2016 Smart Car Prime

• 1 month later...
On 8/27/2021 at 4:30 PM, chiefneon said:

Howdy!

I insured our 4400 International with USAA. I tried National General and they started with a lowball rate and then kept going up. So I went back to USAA.

”Happy Trails’

Chefneon

Thank you for this info! We are currently with USAA for our two cars, but have been worried that when we buy a MDT or HDT that we would have to change carriers. So far we've been very happy with them and would prefer to not change. 

Debbie