Update on the truck.......

Vegas Teacher

Well things are still moving along on my 2010, 870.

I bought it back in March of 2017 so a little over 3.5 years into getting all of the little things to make it road worthy taken care of.

Just after election day I found out the tie rods were bad, so I had the front shocks (I got the best I could get), front brakes and tie rods done. That bill came out to about $1,300.00 my truck came from Florida and ran loads up and down the east coast, between salt on the highway and salt in the air, plus Florida rain, everything is rusted and getting things off takes time. Much of that 1300 was labor to heat up bolts and get them off. Some of you might remember I tried to do some of the work with the help of "Vegas Flyer" but we spent more time trying to get the right tools and could not do a lot of the work because we could not get stuff to budge from the bolt it was on, then when we did get some of the stuff off and put back on it did not look good at all, due to lack of the correct tool for the job. So now I am down to 8 drive tires and a steering alignment. 

When I talked about my truck having a lean, many on the forum thought the truck had been in a wreck, but when I took it to True Blue Diesel Mechanics here in Vegas I had him, Steve, and his staff go over my truck with a fine tooth comb. It has been on his lot since May of 2020. He has been using it for fill work. All of my systems are working great, I do not have a single air leak anywhere. It purrs like a kitten now. The truck does not have a lean any more. When he did the cab air bags he replaced the bushings, which had completely worn out. When he did that he put the cab on a crane and leveled the cab before putting on new cab shocks. Not a bent frame, not a previously wrecked truck.

So now $250.00 for an steering and 3 axle alignment (Southern Tire Mart in North Las Vegas)  just off of Cheyenne & Losee. Right across from True Blue, they trade jobs that each shop can handle better. Steve will just take my truck over for me. "Southern" specializes in alignments. They have one bay that does nothing but that all day long.

I am going to wait until December to do this project. I had to have my 13 year old German Shepherd put down on November 7th, I got to be with him when it was done. I couldn't believe how bad I hurt, he was my best buddy. I had adopted him from a rescue and the vet guessed him to be between 3 - 5 years old. I had him for 10 years so he was 91 - 105 years old when he passed on. We went everywhere together and did Schutzhund together. He was a great dog and will be forever missed.

Sorry I got off on a side note there but that was a 2000.00 procedure so I am a little thin in the funds area right now.

Later,

Vegas Teacher - Cory Ossana   

Hi Cory,

great news on your truck.  I’m sure it feels great to make progress.  Will you get to drive it home to KS for the holidays?

I’m very sorry to hear about your dog.  Words cannot express how sad that must have been.  We lost our Paddington early this year.  I suppose posting a photo of your best friend would be pretty far off topic.  I would like to see him anyway.  What was his name?

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Good news about the truck.  Maybe you can make an appearance with it in Idaho next summer?

Sorry to hear about your shepherd.  That is always tough.  We still haven't replaced our dog we had to put down a few years ago because of cancer.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

19 hours ago, Sculptor said:

Hi Cory,

great news on your truck.  I’m sure it feels great to make progress.  Will you get to drive it home to KS for the holidays?

I’m very sorry to hear about your dog.  Words cannot express how sad that must have been.  We lost our Paddington early this year.  I suppose posting a photo of your best friend would be pretty far off topic.  I would like to see him anyway.  What was his name?

Thanks and I will post a photo just need to find a good one.

Ripped my heart out. I got to be there when the vet put him down. I gave him a hug, and the next thing I knew the vet was putting her hand on my shoulder saying he is gone now. They had the I.V. stint in his leg prior to him coming into the room. It was a very tough weekend. I have no idea how the K9 police get over something like this. Jax and I trained every day. We had a bond. It hurt like He!!.

Later,

Cory Ossana

Edited by Vegas Teacher

2 hours ago, richardbetsey said:

Your truck looks great. Keep up the great restoration.

Question for you. I have a neighbor that has a coach with either a Cummins 8.2 or 5.9C in it.

Does you mechanic (True Blue) work on Cummins in motor homes.

I am not sure I will find out for you. I just sent him a text. He just responded and he charges 125 an hour for motor home work.

Call True Blue at 

Address: 3451 Losee Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Ask for Steve let him know that this came from the HDT forum and use my name Vincent Ossana.

11 hours ago, Chad Heiser said:

Good news about the truck.  Maybe you can make an appearance with it in Idaho next summer?

Sorry to hear about your shepherd.  That is always tough.  We still haven't replaced our dog we had to put down a few years ago because of cancer.

Chad,

Thanks for the email. I don't see how the K9 guys do it. I know they bond 100% with their dogs, putting my dog down was the hardest thing I have had to do in years. Jax was my buddy. 10 years together every day, training and resting on the couch. He never talked back, was always happy to see me and he listened when I talked to him. Then he was gone and it was over.

Idaho after I get my class A or CDL.

Later,

Cory O

On 11/17/2020 at 6:22 PM, Sculptor said:

Hi Cory,

I just posted a photo of Jax. 

Thanks so much for your kind words He was my buddy and putting him down ripped my heart out. He was a kind gentle soul.

4 minutes ago, Sculptor said:

I grew up with a shepherd with that coloring.  Beautiful.

Sculptor,

By the way I love the coloring on your truck. As soon as I can get mine up and running I plan to go to the rallies. Kansas is actually my home state. My parents still live in Pittsburg Kansas. Pittsburg is in the S.E. corner right on the state line between Kansas and Missouri. Where my mom's farm runs out, Missouri begins. They are only 3 hours from Hutchinson Kansas. 

I hope we can meet in person someday and talk trucks, trailers and Dogs. I have always wanted to see the inside of a 730 and see how they were different from the 780 with the lower ceiling.

Later,

Cory O

21 hours ago, Vegas Teacher said:

I am not sure I will find out for you. I just sent him a text. He just responded and he charges 125 an hour for motor home work.

Call True Blue at 

Address: 3451 Losee Rd, North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Hours: 
Open ⋅ Closes 5PM

Ask for Steve let him know that this came from the HDT forum and use my name Vincent Ossana.

Thanks for the information. I will pass it on to my neighbor

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/19/2020 at 1:41 PM, Vegas Teacher said:

Steve is incredible I can't say enough goods things about him.

I don't know how to get to the resource guide to post it for the escapes. Can you tell me how to do it?

Send a message to Mark Bruss. Last I knew he was the keeper of the resource guide.

Brad and Jacolyn
Tucker the Wonder dog and Brynn the Norfolk Terrier
2009 Smart "Joy"
2004 VNL630 "Vonda the Volvo"
2008 Hitch Hiker 35 CK Champagne Edition
VED12 465 HP, Freedomline, 3.73 ratio, WB 218"
Fulltiming and loving it.