Folding Bikes

agesilaus

I had a Dahon some years back, it was a good bike but not the same ride as a full size bike.  Now that I can carry full size bikes the Dahon was sold.

If you do buy a folder, get the biggest tires you can in order to have the best ride.  I definitely wouldn't get smaller than 20".

Bike Friday is a very well respected brand and is supposed to be as close as you can get to the ride of a full size bike.

2018 Keystone Cougar

2016 Chevrolet Silverado 3500 DRW D/A

8 hours ago, Customer1 said:

I had a Dahon some years back, it was a good bike but not the same ride as a full size bike. 

The same for us. We found that the folding bikes, with their small wheels were OK as long as we stayed on pavement and didn't attempt to ride long distances but on any kind of surface that had loose material, such as gravel or sand they were very unstable. Pam gave up riding and I went back to a full size bike. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk is right on the small wheels.  Hard packed surfaces are OK and easy.  These are not long distance ride bikes, but are very adequate for riding around a campground.  Generally, they are not geared low enough to be good in hilly areas.

If you are into longer rides on loose surfaces and hilly terrain,  you need to be looking at full size bikes.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot