Drop Down Bunk

warmcozyfire

Welcome to the Escapees forums!

If you mean the type that lowers from the ceiling above the driver & passenger seats, we had that in our 1987 Allegro. 

I also saw your post in the RV accessories section, but will respond here and save making two posts. My first thought is  that you take a look through the RVs, Tows, & Toweds for Sale section as that is where you will find RVs for sale. 

As to what you are looking for, outdoor kitchens are not common in the class A rigs, but there are a few around. The same is true for bunk beds. While we had a motorhome with a drop-down bed in the cab area, I have not seen one in several years. There used to be an after-marked company that made them but the only one that I can find now is Cabbunk from UK. You may be able to do this yourself with suggestions from this do it yourself website. Another possibility would be the Dormire Bunk/Bed/Couch transformer

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

At the same site in Kirk's link there is another option: https://expandfurniture.com/product/hover-compact-fold-away-wall-bunk-beds/

If you put those in white on one side of the room you could use it as a big screen for a projection TV. Then put the one in Kirks' link on the other side of the room, under the projector, for seating during movie time. Beds for four that becomes an entertainment room during the day. :) 

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We had a '84 (I think) Shasta class A with  bunk over the driver/passenger seats.  Not much use for adults but good for kids (if they don't fall out).

Lenp

USN Retired
2002 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom

2012 F150 4x4

2018 Lincoln MKX

2019 HD Ultra Limited

44 minutes ago, lenp said:

We had a '84 (I think) Shasta class A with  bunk over the driver/passenger seats.  Not much use for adults but good for kids (if they don't fall out).

Lenp

There was  manual operating one in my old 1976 Allegro, the two youngest daughters slept there.  I  had a safety rail to slide under the mattress after the girls were up there.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

11 hours ago, lenp said:

Lenp

Awesome! It seems that some of them now are big enough for adults. I think I saw one the other day that was actually a queen size

12 hours ago, sandsys said:

At the same site in Kirk's link there is another option: https://expandfurniture.com/product/hover-compact-fold-away-wall-bunk-beds/

If you put those in white on one side of the room you could use it as a big screen for a projection TV. Then put the one in Kirks' link on the other side of the room, under the projector, for seating during movie time. Beds for four that becomes an entertainment room during the day. :) 

Linda

Those are very cool! Almost makes me think it could double as a whiteboard during the day, big screen in the evening and then beds at night.

• 8 months later...