covered in smoke

Wrknrvr

With the wild fires in the west leaving trails of smoke covering other states as it is in western Montana. Would it be possible to run hot water in the shower for a normal shower length of time . Then turn heat on if needed. And then off. Then turn the air conditioning on to remove the moisture and smoke from inside the .rv.

Vern in a T-shirt 

This morning the sun coming up in Mesa, Arizona was an orange globe.  The haze was horrible on Friday, dissipated somewhat yesterday and back again today.  Eyes are itchy from it.  

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

My sister in Las Cruces, NM, sent me a photo last night of the sunset from their place - same thing... that much farther east. We have full-timer friends who summer in Bend, OR. This past week they couldn't even see the sun. They were finally able to leave Bend yesterday en route for their winter place near Palm Springs, CA. The wife wrote Laura last night and said that it was good to be able to breathe again.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

1 hour ago, Wrknrvr said:

With the wild fires in the west leaving trails of smoke covering other states as it is in western Montana. Would it be possible to run hot water in the shower for a normal shower length of time . Then turn heat on if needed. And then off. Then turn the air conditioning on to remove the moisture and smoke from inside the .rv.

Vern in a T-shirt 

I don't know that it would catch much of the smoke. Also, refrigerated ACs aren't overly effective if the outside temps are too cool. Wouldn't hurt to try it.

Rob

2012 F350 CC LB DRW 6.7
2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
Full-time since 8/2015

StatesVisited20210913_small.jpg

The A/C won't do much for smoke, other than keeping the RV closed up.  It will help moisture removal.  If it is too cool to get the A/C to run much,  just use a small space heater set on low to add some heat to force the A/C to run.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

An air conditioner will not remove ANY smoke, the quality of the air filter performs that function. I use Filtrete brand HEPA filters(basement heat pump unit) that say they do remove smoke and odors, however, I must replace them at least monthly in normal clear weather or the pressure differential climbs too high, and causes the filter to bow and allow unfiltered air to bypass.

IMO you will do better to buy a stand-alone HEPA filter unit for your RV than perform that convoluted routine. We know RV's are not air-tight, so filtration must be constant and ongoing to be effective.

FWIW, here in S. Indiana the sky was overcast all day even though the sun was shining. I can smell traces of smoke and it bothers my asthma/COPD. I was outside working on our MH for a few hours,  after returning to the house I'm breathing better after a few hours.

Edited by Ray,IN

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961