Dynaquest 260 Class C

lmathies

I am looking at Class C RVs.  I plan to use it for travelling to work areas and some vacation trips.  I want to stay in the 24-27 foot length range so that it will be easier to drive in towns and for parking.      I am torn between the Sprinter chassis Class c and the Dynaquest 260.     The sprinters have actual beds and the Dynaquest has a sofa sleeper that I believe has an air mattress that can be adjusted for firmness.  Does anyone have experience with the Dynaquest and the comfort level of the sofa bed  or possibly some has experience with both of these RV types that could give me their opinion on these RVs?

I looked at both,  the 2005 dynaquest I looked is of course much bigger outside, but did not like the fold out bed taking up half the interior space, leaving no chairs, did not lay down on it though. the small 210 hp mbz engine did not thrill me either,  ended up with a sprinter with rear twin beds, and usable seating even with slide in. But paid well over twice as much for a new sprinter which has the 7 speed transmission. Don't know about newer Dynaquests, if they still make them though, there were none for sale when I was looking.

Edited by jcussen

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

2 hours ago, lmathies said:

Thank you,  that is something to consider having to do every time I want to use the bed

What we did to make bed making easier in the Leisure Travel van with the sofa bed across the back:

Put the long side of a fitted sheet over the back of the sofa before folding it down then put the front side on. Make "pillow cases" from the flat sheet to fit on the two side seats and leave them on all the time except when doing laundry. Don't fill in the middle but do leave the table post only in place to use as a pull bar for getting out of bed. Plus, we each had a twin size comforter. Of course, this only works if you both stay on your own side of the bed. OK, Dave actually slept at an angle because he's too tall to fit on one side but "spooning" is not an option with this system. We only kept that rig four months but the bed was not either of the two primary reasons for that. (Ceiling too low and black tank too small.)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I have no experience with the exact Dynaquest but do have a 2007 Dynaquest 34XL.  The pre Forest River Dynamaxs were well built units.  I suspect the the Dynamax would have greater carrying capacity than the Sprinter.  I do also have a Sprinter cargo van, and really like it.  If I were buying a Sprinter based unit that has been converted to camper/RV, I would have it weighed before writing a check.  Many are at or above the GVWR before loading your stuff in

Rich and Carol

2007 Dynamax DQ 340 XL

4 hours ago, fly2low said:

If I were buying a Sprinter based unit that has been converted to camper/RV, I would have it weighed before writing a check.  Many are at or above the GVWR before loading your stuff in

The Leisure Travel van we started our full time traveling in had a CCC of 800 pounds. THAT was a challenge! The first thing we did was remove the TV, coffee maker, and one cupboard that was mostly decorative. We put back all except the coffee maker when we sold that van--we'd given away the coffee maker but the TV and cupboard were in storage.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van