Brake actuator won't shut off

Larry Burkett

I am having a problem with the brake actuator i believe.  

We have a 2006 NUWA  Champagne  with electric over hydraulic disc brakes. When I hook up to the trailer and plug in the cord to the truck everything is fine, but when i push the brake peddle, you hear the actuator start buzzing and it does not stop even when you shut off the batteries. i have to disconnect the batteries for it to stop. Hook the batteries up and no buzzing. I can tell it is putting some brake pressure on as it pulls harder than before.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Have you inspected the breakaway switch and wiring for minor shorts or leakage?

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Shooting from the hip here, but is almost sounds as if there's a relay somewhere in the circuit that's not releasing when you let off the pedal.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

Just a random thought......  Try plugging in your electric connection, apply the brake, then unplug the cord.  If the pump still runs, something is back feeding the pump.  I'd start by checking EVERY terminal in the plug, both male and female.  Use a DVM set to ohms and see if there's a connection where there shouldn't be.  A single strand of wire in a plug can do weird things.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after taking it to a shop to have it looked at to figure out the problem,  the mechanic said lets call Dexter to see if they had any ideas. we talked to the tech there and they said there is a computer board inside the actuator , and it was bad.

You can't buy that, you have to buy a new actuator, so $700.00 and an hours work , everything is working again.