Cisco's warning: Critical flaw in IOS routers allows 'complete system compromise'

RV_

Some folks here run largish systems that may be using these Cisco systems with serious vulnerabilities. Patch now if you're using them.

Excerpt:

"Cisco has delivered updates to address four critical flaws affecting its industrial routers.

Cisco has disclosed four critical security flaws affecting router equipment that uses its IOS XE and IOS software. 

The four critical flaws are part of Cisco's June 3 semi-annual advisory bundle for IOS XE and IOS networking software, which includes 23 advisories describing 25 vulnerabilities."

Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/ciscos-warning-critical-flaw-in-ios-routers-allows-complete-system-compromise/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=&mid=12864903&cid=2180787277

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

On 6/4/2020 at 11:02 PM, RV_ said:

Some folks here run largish systems that may be using these Cisco systems with serious vulnerabilities. Patch now if you're using them.

Excerpt:

"Cisco has delivered updates to address four critical flaws affecting its industrial routers.

Cisco has disclosed four critical security flaws affecting router equipment that uses its IOS XE and IOS software. 

The four critical flaws are part of Cisco's June 3 semi-annual advisory bundle for IOS XE and IOS networking software, which includes 23 advisories describing 25 vulnerabilities."

Source: https://www.zdnet.com/article/ciscos-warning-critical-flaw-in-ios-routers-allows-complete-system-compromise/?ftag=TRE-03-10aaa6b&bhid=&mid=12864903&cid=2180787277

Are these routers that Apple sold? Or is it any router made by Cisco that an IOS device hooks up to? 

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

Niether.  IOS is the operating system that Cisco uses for its hardware. iOS is the operating system that iPhones use.  The case of the first letter is different.

Line 1 - ends with just the return (enter) key.

Line 2 - ends with shift-return (shift-enter) key combination.
Line 3

6 hours ago, Dave Sand said:

Niether.  IOS is the operating system that Cisco uses for its hardware. iOS is the operating system that iPhones use.  The case of the first letter is different.

I get that Apples operating system is IOS. I have a WiFi Ranger Go AC router that seems to made by Mikrotik so I’m going to assume this will not effect me.

Thanks

2015 Ram 3500 RC DRW CTD AISIN 410 rear

2016 Mobile Suites 38RSB3

22 hours ago, Dave Sand said:

IOS is the operating system that Cisco uses for its hardware. iOS is the operating system that iPhones use. 

I didn't know that, and I suspect many other's didn't either.

Thanks.

Volvo 770, New Horizons Majestic and an upcoming Smart car