Jackalopee history

phoenix2013

Did some computer "cleanup" and archiving found this "gem"

yM7ZYMrl.jpg

The very first hard wired Jackalopee. If memory serves me right it took a whole day and was mounted in the hydraulics bay on the original Phoenix bed

aLTUhtvl.jpg

Note the date on the photo 2009. After spending a day on it, there was a realization that this was nonsense, all these wires needed to be on a printed circuit board, hence this.

5Y7ayvBl.jpg

Check the Copyright date on the PCB (bottom right corner)

I've built relay harnesses like the one pictured. Thanks for the foul taste in my mouth. Happy to see the progression to the current product. 

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

I had a gen 1 until I did something stoopid and let water get in it.  Henry then sent me a newer board and it's doing fine.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

3 hours ago, rickeieio said:

I had a gen 1 until I did something stoopid and let water get in it.  Henry then sent me a newer board and it's doing fine.

Yea Rick, you and I are both Gen 1s.  Does that mean we’re old farts?

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

1 hour ago, SuiteSuccess said:

Yea Rick, you and I are both Gen 1s.  Does that mean we’re old farts?

Oh, I'd say there are a LOT of reasons we're olde phartes.  But, I'm in good company.👍

Getting old was fun.  It's being old that sucks.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

I studied the Mountain Master approach (and many others). Most of them kind of "flop over" when the center of gravity comes over the edge during loading. This system controls the loading mass with hydraulic cylinders, in both directions, 100% of the time.

This was during one of my "retirement" (one of many) periods in 2008-9, plenty of time on my hand and restless brain. About 6 months of intense engineering and year and half to that prototype. The truck is still around on a second owner in Arizona, good friends of ours. 

Most beds are 5 inches thick, this one is 8 inches thick that's what is required for all the hydraulics and the sliding rails. Found a nice series of pictures of the "sequence". Starts going up straight.

KMKeitul.jpg

Unequal front and rear arms start tipping it over.

Oa8HDKRl.jpg

It's over and the edge, lot's of hydraulic "oomph" required to get it to this point, over 30,000 pounds

Ar73zBDl.jpg

Ramp start coming out

Q4xhtuel.jpg

Ramp starts "flattening out"

EJASPfRl.jpg

All unloaded, happy new owner.

xIdfRlxl.jpg

Incidentally that's Donnie Barnes, I showed up a year and half later (after he gave me keys to this truck and this Smart) and handed to him the remote.

He and his partners brought over from Sweden the Red Hat software and developed industrial applications for it, he was retired at 29, "playing". Very nice (and patient) individual.

My bed is only 4" actual bed. 3/4" angle iron on rails that bed bolts to. So definitly no room for hydraulics. Frieghtshakers don't have the drop when air dumped that Volvos do. Mine have to be on top of bed.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1