29 year tune up

Wrknrvr

So today I was at a 1990 Motorhome for a generator problem. It just was shaken and vibrating where running.

So it thought about installing new spark plugs. I notice when I looked into the spark plug after pulling the wire off. Heck there is green paint on the spark plug.

KITKuo2l.jpg

its about time I guess.

Maybe even a air cleaner.

m6Gc4tal.jpg

why note replace it.

After 29 years?

Vern

2 hours ago, Wrknrvr said:

why note replace it.

After 29 years?

My Mom kept the original battery in her 1966 VW Bug for 15+ years and it was still running fine. She didn't know you were supposed to replace it. She just cleaned that ugly gunk off the terminals regularly because she didn't like the look of it.

There is truth to the statement that we don't know what we don't know. And sometimes we get away with that. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Green paint must mean it was an Onan. Any idea how many hours it has been run? When we sold our class A at 14 years the Onan had about 300 hours of run time and the Onan still had the origional plugs but the air cleaner, oil, & filter had been changed many times.

10 hours ago, Darryl&Rita said:

They don't make things like they used to.

That is a fact. When I bought my first new car in 1963 they recomended cleaning the spartk plugs every 7,500 miles and replacement every 15,000. My 2009 gas car's manual says to change plugs at 100k miles. 

Edited by Kirk W

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI