electric meter reading vs inverter

Since I am planning to run entire Teton on inverters, can I use this info? The last 24 hours we used 28kwh. We in South Texas and both mini splits running and we both home so tv, computers going. Fixed meals. etc. That figures to 1.166kwh per hour. 

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

Yes you can use that info but you need some Multi maybe 3-4 times that average.  For sizing your invertor if that is what your plans are, you will need to see what the short term usage may be. The good measure of that would be turn everything on at one time that may used could be used to prepare the meal. I have a 2800 watt invertor and that is not enough for my wife to start cooking some meals.

I can't see the advantage to running everything on the Inverter. The refrigerator, Medical Equipment, some electronics you may need to watch the weather plus a few outlet receptacles for periodical use items.

Clay

Clay & Marcie Too old to play in the snow

Diesel pusher and previously 2 FW and small Class C

Well, was planning on two 4400 magnums. 18k lithium. Just been watching meter since installing the last mini split and wouldering about this.Planning on retirement years. Getting everything in line first.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

A half assed reference point, also in south Texas in a sticks bricks 2600 sq ft house, and old scroll type single house ac. Summer 1800 to 2200 kw per month, winter [we have gas heat] 1000 to 1200 kw per month.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.

I think that you mean kWh per month? (kilowatt hours)  

The total capacity of your inverters must be enough to supply the peak power requirements for the area that each one supplies. No matter how hard you try to balance the load between two inverters, there will be times that one is carrying a larger load that the other. Also remember that starting current for a large load in nearly always significantly higher than the run current load.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Glenn, congratulation on a hefty system and off grid living. I look at your statement  "Since I am planning to run entire Teton on inverters"

as consisting of two parts. One is the absolute total watts necessary IF YOU WERE TO POWER ALL LOADS AT ONCE (which I doubt) while the other is the watts necessary to power some of the loads some of the time but never all loads at once. ONLY YOU can compute and answer that based on your needs and lifestyle. Similar, you can balance loads among multiple Inverters as only you know your use of certain appliances during certain time periods.

I'm sure you already know all this, but for the sake of some who may not. Instantaneous POWER in Watts is Volts x Amp while ENERGY, what the utility charges you for, is Volts x Amps (Watts) x Time   IE Watt Hours.   I look at it such as Power in Watts is what's needed to size and balance Inverter subject to loads, while Energy in Watt Hours or battery energy storage capacity typically rated in Amp Hours, is what's needed to size your battery bank. Sounds like you have a good handle on all that yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy congrats.

May I camp next you and plug into your system sometime, you have enough energy capacity to supply your own zipcode lol  

John T 

4 hours ago, Kirk W said:

I think that you mean kWh per month? (kilowatt hours)  

The total capacity of your inverters must be enough to supply the peak power requirements for the area that each one supplies. No matter how hard you try to balance the load between two inverters, there will be times that one is carrying a larger load that the other. Also remember that starting current for a large load in nearly always significantly higher than the run current load.

Yes kwh. Air conditioning in Texas in summer like kwhs.

Foretravel 40ft tag 500hp Cummins ISM  1455 watts on the roof, 600 a/h's lithium in the basement.